Need help with new pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, did you update the firmware?

Note: Things to do when tuning is to not have anything running, no lights, no radio, no open doors.

You can call SCT and have them go on your PC remotely and check everything with the Livewire TS

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
Ok, did you update the firmware?

Note: Things to do when tuning is to not have anything running, no lights, no radio, no open doors.

You can call SCT and have them go on your PC remotely and check everything with the Livewire TS
The lights were on that’s the error that started the saga

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your voltage is too low when tuning, weird crap can happen.
I suggest using a trickle charger on the battery when trying to Tune.
And make sure you carefully close the hood for the start safety switch.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’d say the ecu is definitely fried, I received 4 different CEL regarding miscommunication to the ecu.
Communication DTCs can set because of the corrupt tune. Before dropping $1000 on a PCM, you may want to have the dealer try and recover the PCM by following General Service Bulletin 21-7122. There is a process to reflash the PCM to the factory calibration.

OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
Communication DTCs can set because of the corrupt tune. Before dropping $1000 on a PCM, you may want to have the dealer try and recover the PCM by following General Service Bulletin 21-7122. There is a process to reflash the PCM to the factory calibration.
How much would this cost, plus I’m not trying to have the truck sit inside the dealership for a week or two just for an examination. Although im almost certain the trucks ecu was fried, are there key symptoms of a fried ecu? I’m on stock tune right now

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you plug it back in to your PC and run the https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/136470-info/346005-downloads

If you didn't update first before loading the email Tune from 5star, I would suggest removing the Tunes from the LWTS then doing the updates and then reinstalling the Tunes back onto the LWTS.

Plus, you never answered if the battery is up to par.
If you turn the key to the on position (not running), the battery needs to be above 12.7, if it's at 12.7 you will need to use a charger when tuning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thegrays

thegrays

Reaction score
Have you plug it back in to your PC and run the https://derivesystems.helpjuice.com/136470-info/346005-downloads

If you didn't update first before loading the email Tune from 5star, I would suggest removing the Tunes from the LWTS then doing the updates and then reinstalling the Tunes.

Plus, you never answered if the battery is up to par.
If you turn the key to the on position (not running), the battery needs to be above 12.7, if it's at 12.7 you will need to use a charger when tuning.
I definitely updated the device before installing any tunes, and the voltage sits around 14