Need help with aux lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, just to reiterate, I have the tailgate step, and the 60" Putco Red Blade. You can mount the blade either flush mount or with some small standoffs which are included. The standoffs make the blade clear those screws on the sides that the tailgate step trucks have.

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, just to reiterate, I have the tailgate step, and the 60" Putco Red Blade. You can mount the blade either flush mount or with some small standoffs which are included. The standoffs make the blade clear those screws on the sides that the tailgate step trucks have.
Do you have any photos of the standoffs?
Thx

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any photos of the standoffs?
Thx
This is the Putco page. https://www.putco.com/blade-led-tailgate-light-bar It has a bunch of pics you can scroll through and see what is included with the blade. Keep in mind there are two ways to mount the blade, directly or with the clips. Included are some 3M adhesive strips, which you could use to mount the blade flush directly to the sheetmetal, and in which case the tailgate step bolt heads would be a problem, and you would need to get a shorter blade. There are also some plastic clips included, whereby you can mount the clips flush to the sheetmetal, and then the blade goes into the clips, and given the little bit of clearance provided by the adhesive and clips and flexibility of the blade, it can clear the bolt heads.

Last edited:

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s plenty of light for reverse. If you have the tail gate step the 60 “ will not fit due to the bracket and you have to go 48” . I did not wire if for stop or turns , just wanted the reverse light

which one is that and how did you hook it up? is it spliced in or connect to a factory connector?

I would also like one for just reverse tucked away under the tailgate like yours

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score
It is the opt7, I tapped in to the reverse wire for the tow hitch plug .

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doctor Mike, What did you end up doing with the LED Bed Bar? I wonder who's product you had purchased and how you wired it up since I'm considering doing the same

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s plenty of light for reverse. If you have the tail gate step the 60 “ will not fit due to the bracket and you have to go 48” . I did not wire if for stop or turns , just wanted the reverse light

How is the backup camera vision/contrast with this? Since some of the light from the bar lights up the top surface of the bumper, does it cause the reverse camera to adjust contrast (which might make it harder to see)?