Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Need help with aux lighting

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Doctor Mike, Oct 12, 2020.

1. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

I just went out and checked and I do not have the step and this is what I have.
    I don`t know it the bracket is for the tailgate latch rod, that is the one thing that I have found that is different between the two tailgates
    It looks like the distance from the left side to where the bracket is roughly 55"
    IMG_8408.JPG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. Doctor Mike

Doctor Mike Member

Fast Eddie,
    Thanks! Can you explain how you connected the putco? Did you connect to taillight wires to avoid prob with trailer . Is putco seqential lighting?

3. FastEddie

FastEddie Full Access Member

My Putco is the Putco Red Blade, which I got from @4x4TruckLEDs.com

I believe it was designed for the F150 w/ BLIS (which caused compatibility problems with other tailgate lightbars). It was connected to rear lights, not trailer wires. Putco includes an instruction sheet showing how to do it specifically for current F150, which is also on their product page https://www.putco.com/blade-led-light-bar-60. I had a local electronics shop do the actual install.

4. Doctor Mike

Doctor Mike Member

Many thanks bud!!!

do you happen to also have any recommendations for behind the grill light bar?

5. FastEddie

smurfslayer likes this.
  6. FastEddie

7. richnot

richnot Full Access Member

If you do a search there are a lot of rear mount lights available that will fit, high end strobe to economy brands

Putco actually makes a 48' bar that features a backup light and also a 44' bar, here is a link to a vendor that I have bought from in the past

One other option that would get you more room would be to replace the bolts with countersunk stainless steel screws

https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Vehicle_Lights-sf-Tailgate_Bar.aspx

https://www.etrailer.com/comparison.aspx?pc=P92009-48&pc2=P92010-44

OK4WD and I go way back, Jim is one decent guy to do business with and takes pride in what his shop turns out

8. Kashoggio

Kashoggio Lives in a van down by the river.

upload_2020-10-13_16-30-16.jpeg upload_2020-10-13_16-30-33.jpeg upload_2020-10-13_16-30-2.jpeg

desertfox73 and richnot like this.
  9. Kashoggio

Kashoggio Lives in a van down by the river.

It’s plenty of light for reverse. If you have the tail gate step the 60 “ will not fit due to the bracket and you have to go 48” . I did not wire if for stop or turns , just wanted the reverse light

richnot likes this.
  10. Doctor Mike

Doctor Mike Member

Is that the 48” Putco? Does anyone know of a unit that shows sequential turn signals. I have backup lights already installed separately so am looking more for running , brake and turn signals
    Thanks!