Nail it, he ain't gonna make it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
O.K., Yesterday here in the Dallas Area we were having rolling black out in electricity due to all the cold temps, low teens and single digits. The roads are 50% ice and the rest is dry. Not worried about me and my abilities just about the other knuckle heads out there that never should be allowed on ice and don't have insurance, ( Redneck discriptions of just who I am talking about are deleted ) AHhahaaaaaa. Figger it out, anyone who didn't grow up here on the ice will work for this thread.

So I head off to work at 5:00am to make sure none of the affor mentioned try and take me out in the new ride. Got to work no issues. Once at work we stated to get rolling black outs in the power grids. Not good for a CNC machine shop. We were getting 15 minute interuptions every 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Screw it, we shut down the shop and headed home. The roads are still very icy in spots. Main roads have wagon tracks of clean road which is not to bad to drive on, well one would think!

I pull up to the 6 lane divided road that the side street from the shop connects with. Its a fairly step incline up to the cross road and its a glaze of ice 1/2 inch thick, about a 10 degrees incline or so I guess. So I put the truck in 4 wheel drive. I am sitting waiting to make a left across the 3 lanes when a guy in a Scion Box signals for his right turn on the side street I am on. I see him comming and I say to the girl riding with me, HE AIN'T GONNA MAKE IT! He is going way to fast! So I punch it and jump fwd about 6 or 8 feet. It was just enough because when I looked in my driver side rear view mirror I see him slide right behind me and plough into the black suburban that was behind me on the hill, BOOM! Load ass crash sound that only a car wreck can make! BOOM!

The girl or I should say LADY that was with me says what was that noise? I said its that Scion I said was going to fast, he just nailed the guy behind us. She says WOW! How did you know to move up like that? I said, Donna, this shit happens ALL THE TIME and no one believes me when I tell the tails! HAhahaaaaaa. She grined and said, well I can be a witness this time for ya! HAhahaaaaaaa.

As I pulled away finishing my left turn I see the parties exiting their cars. No need to stop, Its obvious to even a blind man who's fault and who hit who. Besides, both parties didn't appear to be from around here! AHhahaaaaaaa. So we got lucky again. Almost got nailed by the very thing I stayed home for the day before. MAN!

Good thing I **** around in my trucks on ice playing and learning just like on the bikes. Gotta be ready and gotta know your equipment. Damn sure glad I had it in 4 wheel drive for sure. It was real close. I would have been REAL PISSED if I had been hit.

Now today I go into work, this guy HECTOR that works with me comes over and says, HEY! You were in front of me yesterday at the stop sign. All of a sudden you took off and BANG! Some bitch hit me! AHhahaaaaa. One second you were right in front of me and the next second this Scion was stuck on the front of my BURB! The lady got out of the Scion and proceeded to slip and bust her ass on the ice. 5 minutes later a sand truck shows up to fix the problem! HAhahaaaaaa. The Scion had to be hauled off. So I had atleasdt TWO witnesses to the traction of the Raptor! HAhaaaaaa.
BDRAG

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Nice save!

This is exactly why I'm of the opinion to always keep it in 4wd when conditions allow for it. I hear a lot of people say "conditions aren't bad enough for 4wd yet", and only turn it on when they actually need it to be able to move forward at all. It's some sort of pride thing, i.e., "look at me, I can still make progress in 2wd,. and I'm saving the planet and being economical by getting 0.2 MPG more than you".....I just don't understand that.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know if there is any question with the roads I like to have it in 4x4 not cuz I need it to get around but for exact moments like that. Where I have to do something quick cuz of someone else.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
You know if there is any question with the roads I like to have it in 4x4 not cuz I need it to get around but for exact moments like that. Where I have to do something quick cuz of someone else.

Over the last 17 years all my Ford Trucks have had the Knob type 4X4 switch. I have ALWAYS driven in 4 high when ever its raining and in the snow and ice. I have never had any ill effects from it. My 94 Ranger, my 98 Scab nor my 2004 FX4. I have left many a fool on a curb or in a front yard or in a ditch trying to follow me around a wet turn. Guess you could say I am an ass hole but hey, know your ride and what it can do. SUCKER! HAhahaaaaaaaaa.

Worst one was this little hillbilly dooshbag, 5'2" skole suckin wanna be a cowboy where I worked, he had a dodge deisel 3/4 ton and I suckered him into a slick clover leaf. I told the guy riding with me watch this, Eric will never make this turn. Hell, he crashed braking for the damn thing. Hit the left side retaing barrier head on. I felt bad because he busted up his ride and he broke a wrist and the thumb on the other hand when the air bag went off. There was chaw all over the cab. Ploughww when hi hit I guess? HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over the last 17 years all my Ford Trucks have had the Knob type 4X4 switch. I have ALWAYS driven in 4 high when ever its raining and in the snow and ice. I have never had any ill effects from it. My 94 Ranger, my 98 Scab nor my 2004 FX4. I have left many a fool on a curb or in a front yard or in a ditch trying to follow me around a wet turn. Guess you could say I am an ass hole but hey, know your ride and what it can do. SUCKER! HAhahaaaaaaaaa.

Worst one was this little hillbilly dooshbag, 5'2" skole suckin wanna be a cowboy where I worked, he had a dodge deisel 3/4 ton and I suckered him into a slick clover leaf. I told the guy riding with me watch this, Eric will never make this turn. Hell, he crashed braking for the damn thing. Hit the left side retaing barrier head on. I felt bad because he busted up his ride and he broke a wrist and the thumb on the other hand when the air bag went off. There was chaw all over the cab. Ploughww when hi hit I guess? HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

Is it mean to laugh at that? You just described the way I drive too. I don't feel sorry for anyone driving a dodge either. They just annoy me.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Oh. To see a crash that close, would be a little scary. I would be so pissed if someone crashed into me for being stupid. I would probably loose it and drop kick them in the face! Hah! take that old lady!!:lazer:

kglesq

Droid's Brother
Reaction score

BDRAG

That's funny?

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BDRAG

ILMAO !!!

Is it just me or do others here also look forward to BDRAG's subtle descriptions of certain stereotypes?

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
ILMAO !!!

Is it just me or do others here also look forward to BDRAG's subtle descriptions of certain stereotypes?

WHAT? Did I say something wrong? HAhahaaaaaaaa. Its real hard not to post from the heart and offend someone. I really try and keep it generic. I know we are a world wide forum here as are the others I frequent. Think I will NEVER video a usual conversation or I would offend the entire world in a few sentances or opinions! HAhahaaaaa. REALLY!

BDRAG