MY21 Raptor Will Convert to MY22 for Unscheduled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So are you saying Stock vehicles have a higher probability of having some sort of defect than a retail/special order?
No. He’s saying because its an all new vehicle they basically practice on stock orders that aren’t supposed to be sold until they can produce flawlessly for 5 days. Those flawed trucks then can be fixed without worry of a pressured delivery date.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. He’s saying because its an all new vehicle they basically practice on stock orders that aren’t supposed to be sold until they can produce flawlessly for 5 days. Those flawed trucks then can be fixed without worry of a pressured delivery date.
This Goes along with the ok to buy status being acNieves after this

rp606

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed a bunch but I think it gets lost in the massive order threads.

Confirmed by Ford Performance, if you placed an order before the September date in 2021, your model year will be 2021 regardless of delivery date. If you place an order after the September timeframe, you will receive a MY2022 (no trim or package differences just the year change) but, that MY2022 will only start delivery after all of the 2021 custom orders are delivered.

I hope this helps clear it up.
ordered mine on 08-16-21, told me 6 months, just texted dealer this morning 08-23-21 he said "everything is sent in, should have a vin plate in 6-8 weeks". From what you say should i speak to someone else or is my dealer pulling my leg and not telling me the whole story? I've already put down a deposit.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ordered mine on 08-16-21, told me 6 months, just texted dealer this morning 08-23-21 he said "everything is sent in, should have a vin plate in 6-8 weeks". From what you say should i speak to someone else or is my dealer pulling my leg and not telling me the whole story? I've already put down a deposit.
i would just ask him if they have allocation for this year or not

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He’s probably right. 2022 ordering opens in 3 weeks. Should get scheduled with a VIN 3 to 6 weeks from there. If all goes well your 2022 Raptor will be built in December and delivered in January.

Mustainefan

Reaction score
I wish that were true, maybe I’m just not looking in the right place. I can track with the VIN and order number, but just says “order confirmed” (see attached pic). I wouldn’t be able to track without the VIN, but then it also says a VIN and estimated build should follow soon? For what it’s worth, dealership estimating late October, but not sure they’re in any position to truly know. It’s all confusing and just trying to be patient
Thanks for the screenshot. How long after you ordered were you contacted by Ford with this confirmation? I ask because I just placed an order with a Dealer (who claims to have an allocation), and he said that I will receive an email from Ford at some point where I can start using the tracking site.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want a 21 so late in the year and pay ADM for it??
I guess everyone's situation is different. I don't care if mine is my21 or my22 as long as it's delivered in 2021. Buying under my construction company and need the tax write off for 2021. Plus not paying ADM.

Last edited: