My very own SVT Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir. it was really bad on my Harley truck, they had a HUGE windshield decal, dealer name lic plate holders, and a tail gate sticker. I yanked that crap off as soon as I got home.

I refuse to place or allow anyone to put any third party decals or stickers on any of my vehicles except for what it came with from the factory.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I refuse to place or allow anyone to put any third party decals or stickers on any of my vehicles except for what it came with from the factory.

Ya, I didn't have a choice in the Harley...it was already done up long before I started really looking for a truck at that time. The Raptor is slightly different, we're good friends with the dealer and he gave us a great deal on it. That and he lives about 6 houses down from us. So I'm going to let his tag ride for a little while before I yank it off.

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, I didn't have a choice in the Harley...it was already done up long before I started really looking for a truck at that time. The Raptor is slightly different, we're good friends with the dealer and he gave us a great deal on it. That and he lives about 6 houses down from us. So I'm going to let his tag ride for a little while before I yank it off.

My thought process is I do not want to give anybody any additional reason to deface or destroy my property.

I always wince when I see these political party endorsement bumper stickers or smart assed bumper stickers (stick man pissing on ford/chevy symbol). There are some folks out there that would just key your car because it's blue, let alone a baiting bumper sticker or product endorsement.

Obviously not really applicable in your case.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My thought process is I do not want to give anybody any additional reason to deface or destroy my property.

My thought process is....I don't advertise for free.

As for other stickers, I rarely ever allow stickers on my vehicles. The last sticker was placed on the Harley truck out of respect and remembrance of a fellow Harley truck guy who had passed away. Now I plan on making some logo stickers for my site and probably place a small one on my truck.

wbimota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow...I'm not the only one that does this lol

I have a HUGE issue with dealer tags on my vehicles. As it stands though, the dealer's house is about 6 house behind where I park the Raptor and he gave me a great deal on the truck. So I'm going to let it ride a couple of weeks or so before peeling it off.

you are such a nice person!!! congrat and drive safe~~
BTW, is spray bedlinder better than plastic ones?
i was thinking getting plastic one but most ppl here seems getting spray one.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you are such a nice person!!! congrat and drive safe~~
BTW, is spray bedlinder better than plastic ones?
i was thinking getting plastic one but most ppl here seems getting spray one.

Plastic bed liners don't seem to hold up very well here in West Texas. They tend to warp or crack over time while spray on liners are just about bullet proof. Now I have never personally owned a spray cover but their real common in my neck of the woods. I live in an oil and gas field town and have seen spray ons put to the test with oilfield work trucks etc.

Anyhow, if you don't like either one, check out the bed rub cover. I was actually going this route until my dealer offered the spray on cover.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a HUGE problem with that stuff - I think it's arrogant of a dealer to put advertising permanently on a vehicle no matter what - it's yours not theirs. Maybe they'll let you put your own sticker on their cars? If it were mine I'd remove it immediately - the sooner the better so it doesn't leave any residue or pieces of the sticker. I realize in some areas of the country it's typical of dealers to put stickers or even nameplates on the vehicles they sell.

WOW!..........do you have a problem with their service sticker having their name on it too?

Congrats SVO! Great looking truck!

FSM

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks people,

Well the papers are final and the spray in liner is done. The called and said they will see about dropping it off here in a little while. I would pick it up but I'm swapped.

Anyhow, I'll try and post some bed liner pictures later. Then I'm hoping next week I can get the flip cover and Ridgit lights installed.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lookin good! truck beds without line-x or at least some type of liner just don't look finished to me anymore.