My truck in shop and dealer isn't giving me loaner. Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do remember those Matthew McConaughey commercials. Lincoln interior are second to none imo and love the black label exclusive interior packages but I think why I have not seen the same experience as luxury brands is because my experience has been with Lincoln/Ford dealerships and not Lincoln exclusively.

When my wife and I were looking at buying a aviator black label I was shocked to find out that Lincoln only dealerships can sell then. It made it much more challenging in my area

That makes complete sense now that you mention that aspect. The dual franchise (Ford/Lincoln) stores were not doing enough to separate the two brands, which is why all Lincoln stores going forward from 2017 are required to be stand-alone franchises.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I added first day rental and enhanced rental to my esp plan.

Might just be my dealer, but since I mentioned it I’ve never had a problem getting a loaner.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe if you are spending $65k-$70k+ on a brand new vehicle, regardless of the brand, and it has a warranty issue.....you should be given a courtesy vehicle. Kia, Ford, Porsche....whatever. People buy new to avoid the cost of repairs and if the issue is a manufacturer's defect, I think it should be on the manufacturer to take care of you throughout the length of the OE warranty.

I had only dealt with GMC prior to owning the raptor, all Denalis purchased new. GMC had a brand new vehicle waiting for me without even asking for it if I ever had to go in for warranty work.

My Ford dealer makes it a big to-do and the loaners are much lower end. I am grateful with any loaner but it was nice having something similar to what you purchased when in for warranty work. Not expecting a raptor of course but a used focus sure puts things into perspective :)... I understand this is dealer to dealer but most are experiencing similar treatment from the sounds of it.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm down in the Springs, and Phil Long is the only dealer within an hours drive. Traffic through the gap sucks bad right now and I hate driving to Denver. I knew the sales guys at Phil Long were weenies, but I thought I'd give the service department a chance since they're separate groups. I'm not happy about that now, but my truck has been taken apart and I'm stuck this time.

Here's a question for the group. The service advisor said that he and the techs are on commission, if they don't find a problem, they don't get paid. The guy comes off like a professional blowhard on steroids, so I figured he was lying, but now I wonder. Anyone able to confirm or call BS? It just sounds so wrong.
oh btw have you checked with phil long ford in the springs?

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, like many other posters said, that’s the price you pay for dealing with an american car dealership.

I can go on for days about the difference that I experienced when I took my mercedes to the dealership compared to my raptor and my GMC Yukon. Ford is a blue collar, working class brand, you can even tell by just walking into any ford dealership. Dilapidated, run down, employees look like they would rather be anywhere else.

also, to the folks trying to argue that Lincoln and Cadillac are luxury brands and offer better service, I don’t know about where you live, but where I live, Cadillac and GMC are the same dealership, and so is Lincoln Ford. You’ll get the same shit service whether you own an $80k cadillac or a $30k GMC.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe if you are spending $65k-$70k+ on a brand new vehicle, regardless of the brand, and it has a warranty issue.....you should be given a courtesy vehicle. Kia, Ford, Porsche....whatever. People buy new to avoid the cost of repairs and if the issue is a manufacturer's defect, I think it should be on the manufacturer to take care of you throughout the length of the OE warranty.

I had only dealt with GMC prior to owning the raptor, all Denalis purchased new. GMC had a brand new vehicle waiting for me without even asking for it if I ever had to go in for warranty work.

My Ford dealer makes it a big to-do and the loaners are much lower end. I am grateful with any loaner but it was nice having something similar to what you purchased when in for warranty work. Not expecting a raptor of course but a used focus sure puts things into perspective :)... I understand this is dealer to dealer but most are experiencing similar treatment from the sounds of it.

Refence my earlier post in this thread regarding Ford’s 2020 in-warranty loaner program. If your Dealer isn’t providing the level of customer service, I’d recommend calling Ford Customer Service. They can usually resolve the issue.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i took mine in I got that too but its because they only had one truck and three other suvs as loaners, so I waited till one came in then took the truck in. Cam phasers under warranty.

Squrtcap

Reaction score
The Phil Long group got millions of dollars in Denver from Covid loans. I had my Raptor in just before shutdown and they gave me a loaner for a week.
This is BS, they have plenty of vehicles to loan you.
Demand they get you one ASAP.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noble time and frustration saving idea.

Unless you 100% know that you are not going to have to leave your vehicle there (oil change). Make sure a loaner is organized beforehand!!!

my chick just had to wait 3 weeks for a new backup camera to come in (dealership didn't have any ******* backup cameras in stock??!!) for her brand new ford edge.

got a loaner organized no problem.

point is work it out beforehand, otherwise blame yourself.