My truck in shop and dealer isn't giving me loaner. Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaRod

Reaction score
Unfortunately, like many other posters said, that’s the price you pay for dealing with an american car dealership.

I can go on for days about the difference that I experienced when I took my mercedes to the dealership compared to my raptor and my GMC Yukon. Ford is a blue collar, working class brand, you can even tell by just walking into any ford dealership. Dilapidated, run down, employees look like they would rather be anywhere else.

also, to the folks trying to argue that Lincoln and Cadillac are luxury brands and offer better service, I don’t know about where you live, but where I live, Cadillac and GMC are the same dealership, and so is Lincoln Ford. You’ll get the same shit service whether you own an $80k cadillac or a $30k GMC.

My daughter has a Cadillac (bought new). Separate dealer where she lives. Crap service. No rental vehicle and that thing is in the shop more than any car ought to be. It is sad. But, American manufactures do not get service. If this was BMW, Mercedes or Porsche, she would have a rental for the duration and the problem would be fixed the first time it was brought in. Not the 3rd or 4th time. Sorry to hear about your experience, but having lived in Colorado Springs, there is not much of a choice on dealers, so they probably feel they can get away with it.

On a separate note... My wife just took her X5 in for service yesterday. They literally sent her a video of her car on a lift, describing all the areas they check, etc... Took the mechanic a few extra minutes, but was awesome!! Her X5 got a clean bill of health. This is service. The Germans have it figured out. I wish our manufactures would do the same.

As one poster said previously, the only American made vehicle in my stable is the Raptor. I will not buy anything other than German because...... They just run and everything just works, and when I do take it in for service, I am taken care of.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Phil Long group got millions of dollars in Denver from Covid loans. I had my Raptor in just before shutdown and they gave me a loaner for a week.
This is BS, they have plenty of vehicles to loan you.
Demand they get you one ASAP.

yeah, bring a gun too. I could sure use a good laugh at the headlines.

demand?? how do you know they have plenty?

just talking out of your ass.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two or more weeks without a vehicle is unacceptable without a loaner or dealer/Ford paid rental. I would ask them to make a payment on the truck since it’s out of service for that long with no loaner due to a warranty issue.

I paid cash

D

Deleted member 17706

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM – IN-WARRANTY LOANER POLICY

Dealers are empowered to provide Ford based on the following:
• Customer’s Ford vehicle must have an open Repair Order for a warrantable repair. All Ford New
Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverages are eligible for this support within the time/mileage
guidelines.
• Customers are eligible for an In-Warranty Loaner if the vehicle meets one of the following
conditions:
◦ Vehicle requires a repair over four (4) hours based on Service Labor Time Standards.
◦ The condition requires extensive diagnosis.
◦ The parts needed for the repairs are not readily available making the vehicle inoperable.
• In-Warranty Loaners may be provided to customers with vehicles within the period of 5 years / 60,000 miles from the Warranty Start Date.
• The Loaner period is from Repair Order Open date through repair completion date (RO Line Close date).
• Vehicle under repair must be a sold unit with a Warranty Start Date.
• Loaner Duration
◦ All Ford Dealers may provide a customer with a Loaner for up to four days without the need for prior approval.

^^^This! I have already had four loaners for my 2020 that I picked up in March due to front and rear camera issues—no, I don't have an extended warranty with rental coverage either.

@GordoJay I would get on the phone with the service manager and raise cane. Totally unacceptable. If the dealership is out of loaner vehicles, they have an agreement with a local Enterprise (or another company) where they can get a rental vehicle for you.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noble time and frustration saving idea.

Unless you 100% know that you are not going to have to leave your vehicle there (oil change). Make sure a loaner is organized beforehand!!!

my chick just had to wait 3 weeks for a new backup camera to come in (dealership didn't have any ******* backup cameras in stock??!!) for her brand new ford edge.

got a loaner organized no problem.

point is work it out beforehand, otherwise blame yourself.

I was just going to say the same thing. My truck has been in for 3 things for warranty. Every time I made an appointment I asked the service advisor if I would have a loaner available. He seemed surprised all 3 times, and twice changed the appointment so I could have a loaner. He was always real nice, but you definitely have to ask ahead of time. Hopefully it stays that way if anything else is needed.

It was very obvious you will not get a loaner at my dealer just by showing up for your appointment. I got spoiled with my Volvo dealer. Anything you drop the car off for, you get a loaner, if they don't have a loaner they have Enterprise bring a rental that they pay for.

OP
OP
GordoJay

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noble time and frustration saving idea.

Unless you 100% know that you are not going to have to leave your vehicle there (oil change). Make sure a loaner is organized beforehand!!!

my chick just had to wait 3 weeks for a new backup camera to come in (dealership didn't have any ******* backup cameras in stock??!!) for her brand new ford edge.

got a loaner organized no problem.

point is work it out beforehand, otherwise blame yourself.

I had an appointment first thing Monday morning for a new seal on the transfer case. I figured it would be done that day. That isn't complicated

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This! I have already had four loaners for my 2020 that I picked up in March due to front and rear camera issues—no, I don't have an extended warranty with rental coverage either.

@GordoJay I would get on the phone with the service manager and raise cane. Totally unacceptable. If the dealership is out of loaner vehicles, they have an agreement with a local Enterprise (or another company) where they can get a rental vehicle for you.
What was wrong with your camera? I have a 2020 and I'm having issues with mine. I just got done talking to the service manager at my local Ford asking him if they had my truck for the day if I can get a loaner under my ESP. His reply was " negative, not without diagnosis being done"