My Truck Found A Toy To Play With.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banned
Reaction score
Hahah yeah. Why the eff aren't quads street legal here? I mean I know people that do ride em I the highway, but that's cause there's no cops, but they seriously should sell street legal quads, or make kits to turn normal quads street legal.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh the typical smart hater. They are VERY safe cars. They have a solid one piece cage (black part on this car). They have some of the best side impact crash ratings. It has the same safety ratings as a Mercedes E class. And they average high 30s to mid 40s. I'm 6' and fit easily with room to spare.
Test drive it just to see what they are all about

Justifying the Smart Car based on its safety record is like making a case for it being a good investment. :Grenade:

For a tiny can with wheels sure, it's "safe" compared to other cans with wheels. But given the size of vehicles on the roads in the US...

ford.jpg

There are plenty of real cars out there that are far better at everything the Smart Car does for similar or less money.

A used Honda is better than a new Smart Car. And a new Honda Fit is 10x the car that the Smart Car is. There are a lot of better and safer ways to get high MPGs.

Justify it all you want. It's a ridiculous car except in the narrow streets in Europe where Smart Cars can park perpendicular to the curb (and on sidewalks).

This makes about as much sense as a Smart Car:

smart-car-monster-truck.jpg