My Raptor Sent Back to Factory....Secret Recall????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before, what I have heard elsewhere is the current fix is to lube the slip yoke where it goes into the transfer case. Apparently Ford has some grease that gets along with the lube in the T case. This fix provides mixed results, some owners report it works, other report it only lasts a short while.
I had a 99 Ranger (two piece driveline) that had a clunk. Ford replaced the driveline with an "updated" version (after several lubing attempts) and even that didnt fix it.
What I find strange is that I have had several F-250's /F 350's and none of them have had any sort of driveline clunk-so we all know the engineering exists to make a non sticking yoke -spline assembly.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the noted repair done twice and its not working. The first time it only lasted about 500 miles, this time, after 1000, its slowly re-developing. As far as I know, they lube the slip yoke at the transfer case

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think Ford is Yoking me off..called again today....They still say the truck is sitting since March 2 awaiting shippment. No ETA. WTF.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had the noted repair done twice and its not working. The first time it only lasted about 500 miles, this time, after 1000, its slowly re-developing. As far as I know, they lube the slip yoke at the transfer case

Chad, this is on your new SCrew Raptor?

Any chance you or the other Vegas Raptor owners can ask the folks at Team Ford what's going on with the factory hold and the yoke/not yoke issue?

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect lubing the yoke splines to be a long-term fix on the Raptor as the t-case oil will wash out the lube... hope they figure it out soon for the guys with the issue.

(I was surprised to hear the SCREW still has a one-piece driveshaft. Is this problem on SCAB Raptors too? If not, the extra length could be contributing?)

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had any issues/noise from the scab. The clunk issue is on the screw. I've talked with Ron, Team Ford's shop foreman, and also the service advisor. I was told for is aware of the issue and there is only a temporary fix, to lube the shaft....

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect lubing the yoke splines to be a long-term fix on the Raptor as the t-case oil will wash out the lube... hope they figure it out soon for the guys with the issue.

(I was surprised to hear the SCREW still has a one-piece driveshaft. Is this problem on SCAB Raptors too? If not, the extra length could be contributing?)
From what I know this TSB applies to all F-150s with 145WB and 163WB not SCAB Raptors

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More news fellas.....According to Ford this afternoon ..The hold is for RAPTORS ONLY...they would not provide any more info. Told me to be prepared for a month plus delay before shipping... info is on lockdown at the motorco....I have worked my way up the ladder pretty good over the last week or so. SVT has no info... This is strange... Thinking about going the Ebay path and just buying one tonight from a dealer at MSRP. WFT...at the end of the day it may be worth it.

This has taken all the fun out of getting a fun truck. Maybe I should wait for the new GMC version of the Raptor.....

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I should wait for the new GMC version of the Raptor.....

I get that you're disappointed but think how pissed you'd be if you got it and then the truck was in the shop for a month waiting for parts/service/information.

If you want a Raptor right now go buy one - I'm sure you can find one.

And if you feel like waiting for who-know's-what-GMC's-truck-will-be-like you've already been doing that :mrgreen:

See if you can find out what the story is and tell us so we all know :thumbsup:

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan....Your right...Thanks for talking me of the ledge!!! I would rather have the Raptor and have it right. Besides Paying more for the same thing is kind of stupid. That is nice compared to how my wife said it.

I blew the master cylinder on the scout this week. That is a problem since they don't exist anymore for my model. Getting ready to put a old Corvette MC on so I have another form of transportation in case this thing goes a while. My wife never drives her rig but when your down to one vehicle it becomes a problem. The old Iron Scout needs to keep running for a while until the Raptor comes in.