My Raptor Sent Back to Factory....Secret Recall????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know it probably doesn't seem like it but I'm sure Ford isn't happy about the hold on your Raptor either. I'd also bet they'll get it to you just as fast as they can. Ford's making sure they do all they can so it's ready to go when you get it does suck... but on the other hand, it really does show they care.

I bought a camera once that didn't work right... the manufacturer KNEW about the problem and their answer was they would have a fix "soon". In the meantime, they just kept selling defective products. That would be a lot harder these days with the Internet... but Ford's commitment to quality does impress me.

ifixcopcars

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my screw was built on Feb 14 the delivery eta was March 4, however it went back to the factory on the 16th of Feb. Finally on the 8th of this month, my fleet manager got in touch with his allocator guy. He said it should be released for shipment tomorrow, the hold up was said to be some interior pieces were updated. Sounds like BS to me, this along with the slip joint problem has led me to believe this was a mistake to order in the first place. I'm about ready to cancel and by an ecoboost truck, much better mileage, much higher tow rating and runs just about as hard as a 6.2

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***********update************I'm rolling south bound and down!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the call from the dealership and Ford that the Rig had moved from Dearborn to Rail Yard and was loaded and moving yesterday..... Still not reason for the delay but at this point I really don't care.....just give me the keys and a full tank of gas.... and SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I will try to find out what the reason was. I would like to know so I could pass on the info. I also wonder if anyone else that is in the hold is now moving.... Post up....

Highroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BMC Recall

Report Date: March 12, 2011 at 09:31 PM
Search Type: VEHICLE
Make: FORD
Model: F-150
Model Year: 2011

Results : 2 | All records displayed

Make: FORD Model: F-150
Manufacturer: FORD MOTOR COMPANY Mfr's Report Date: DEC 29, 2010
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 10V659000 N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: STRUCTURE:BODY

Summary:
FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES. DURING A SIX-DAY PRODUCTION PERIOD, THE SUPPLIER OF THE BODY CONTROL MODULE MANUFACTURED MODULES THAT MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT.
Consequence:
IF AN ELECTRICAL SHORT DEVELOPS, AN OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH CAN RESULT IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALER WILL REPLACE THE BODY CONTROL MODULE IF NECESSARY FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 11, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332.
Notes:
FORD'S RECALL CAMPAIGN NUMBER IS 10S14. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

Check to Request Research. Submit below.

Make: FORD Model: F-150
Manufacturer: FORD MOTOR COMPANY Mfr's Report Date: FEB 21, 2011
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 11V128000 N/A
NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE

Summary:
FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2011 FORD F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, EDGE, AND LINCOLN MKX TRUCKS MANUFACTURED FROM OCTOBER 25, 2010, THROUGH NOVEMBER 20, 2010. THESE VEHICLES WERE INSPECTED USING INTEGRATED DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM (IDS) THAT HAD A CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE TO READ THE SUSPECT BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) SERIAL NUMBER. BASED ON THE SERIAL NUMBER THE BCM WAS EITHER NOT AFFECTED OR REPLACED. THE CUSTOM SOFTWARE ROUTINE WAS NOT READING THE CORRECT SET OF CHARACTERS, AND WAS NOT ABLE TO IDENTIFY A BCM THAT REQUIRED REPLACEMENT AFFECTED BCMS MAY HAVE THE POTENTIAL FOR AN INTERNAL SHORT.
Consequence:
IF AN ELECTRICAL SHORT DEVELOPS, AN OVERHEATING CONDITION MAY OCCUR WHICH COULD RESULT IN A VEHICLE FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALER WILL INSPECT THE BODY CONTROL MODULE AND IF NECESSARY REPLACE IT FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 7, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD MOTOR COMPANY CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP CENTER AT 1-866-436-7332.
Notes:
FORD SAFETY RECALL NO. 10S14. OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all....I'm back to looking at the build sheet and window sticker 10 times a day...re-scouting the first power-line cut i am going to go ripping down....you all have been there so don't laugh at me.....Can't wait to see the expression on my two neigbors faces that are constantly trying to out do each other....one buys a 2010 f-250 diesel..then the other went a got a 2011 F-250 Diesel....they are always outside washing them and driving their kids around in the back. I have not said a word.........SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!