My Raptor Sent Back to Factory....Secret Recall????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sid-X

Reaction score
Huh, I was told Friday my s-crew is built but being "held for inspection" I wonder if that means mine is on it's way as well.

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SId-X....Don't know what to tell you...Mine was "Held" from Feb 19th until March 12th.... Never found out why. I have one card to play but I am not sure it really even matters. I completed the sales transaction with financing prior to the truck being built. As soon as there was a VIN I locked loaded and fired. Ford was pissed to say the least at the dealer. Their argument of "we legally don't have to share that info because title has not transfered" was no longer in play. They were scrambling, in fact...my truck shipped two day later after I had the discussion with the level 2 or 3 CSR. Anyways I just want my truck to be right...I'm just glad Ford has a quality process that they follow and feel strong enough about that they do not want to compromise their product. If I find out why they held it...I will post up.

Sid-X

Reaction score
Hmm. Mine still has not shipped but I have a VIN. I guess that's good. I'd rather it be right when it get's here so I can wait.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SId-X....Don't know what to tell you...Mine was "Held" from Feb 19th until March 12th.... Never found out why. I have one card to play but I am not sure it really even matters. I completed the sales transaction with financing prior to the truck being built. As soon as there was a VIN I locked loaded and fired. Ford was pissed to say the least at the dealer. Their argument of "we legally don't have to share that info because title has not transfered" was no longer in play. They were scrambling, in fact...my truck shipped two day later after I had the discussion with the level 2 or 3 CSR. Anyways I just want my truck to be right...I'm just glad Ford has a quality process that they follow and feel strong enough about that they do not want to compromise their product. If I find out why they held it...I will post up.

Wow, Florida has some different laws. You can actually own a new vehicle that you have not taken physical possession of? In Nevada the contract is not enforceable until you take delivery. Even if you sign all the papers and give them the cash, the vehicle does not become yours until you take the keys and drive away.

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well $hit fire and save matches!!!!!!!!!!!!! My truck came in and I am wheeling in a RAPTOR!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!! Ford corp is still freaking out and called me today and is covering all my scheduled maintenance for as long as I am financing the vehicle...Unbelievable. They know they screwed up someplace on this one. So I'll take the free oil changes and maintenance for 60 months. Since I never drove one before I bought it I had no idea what to expect....all I can say is wow...

Sid-X

Reaction score
Congrats. I am still waiting for mine. When you say freaking out do you mean they sent you the truck without it going through the mystery safety inspection so they are covering you in case something breaks?

OP
OP
FLA-SVT

FLA-SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I said ford is still freaking out I was referring to the fact that I actually legally purchased the vehicle before it was built. We completed the transaction based on the VIN prior to the build date. That put the factory in a huge bind. Now, technically they are bound to release any and all information related to my vehicle to me. Normally, we do not own the vehicle until delivery. Most finance companies don't like to finance anything before it's built.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad you're happy and that you even got the free maintenance out of the deal. Congrats and enjoy!

Sid-X

Reaction score
Ah, I see. My dealer told me that Ford told him this morning my truck should move within in the next 7-10 days so I have my fingers crossed.