My quarter mile and 0 to 60 time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a draggy device recently and decided to see what it would do to 60 and qaurter mile, this device seems to be the most accurate performance reading device that I know of, this is on mpt e50 tune and full race ic mods, on toyo MT 35s. It's not easy to get good launch on the street. I'm sure I would get a better time at the drag strip but I didn't have time to go there, I was just curious what others have got on their trucks with similar mods? The 0 to 60 on the 12.8 qaurter mile was 4.4. Screenshot_20191216-104138_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20191217-105034_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20191217-111402_dragy.jpg

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its been a challenge to get a good 60 foot on the street with these tires. if i could only get the 60 foot down to 1.8 i could get a better time, i think i will try lighter tires like the factory raptors have to see if i can beat this number, keep in mind i also have the alcon big brake kit that also doesnt help with the rotational mass.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Uhm, the dragy is telling you that all your runs except the first one are invalid because you’re going down hill. The only way to validate your numbers is to run in both directions and average the data.

Otherwise, the first set was great!

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhm, the dragy is telling you that all your runs except the first one are invalid because you’re going down hill. The only way to validate your numbers is to run in both directions and average the data.

Otherwise, the first set was great!

i know man the road looked even to me, its just a 1 percent drop while the other run was slighlty uphill . this is just my first two runs i did on the way to work. even my drag strip here in town looks like its going downhill at least 1 to 2 percent, i will take my draggy to it though to see how their elevation is on the drag strip. but yes i know it was just one percent down hill , these are just 2 runs i did on the way to work on different roads. im curious to see other peoples times posted with the draggy or drag strip slip :) , cant comepare to my gtrs 8.7 qaurter mile @165 run lol

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen 0-60 5.3sec, 60' 2.13sec with COBB's Stage 1 OTS tune and their OEM+ TCM tune (I have the Corsa resonator delete but I don't think that gives any power boost). I was in 4A Sport and brake boosted but need to try it with traction disabled and diff locked. I think it has a little more in it on the 60' time. Conditions were 45'F at 1000ft with high humidity.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen 0-60 5.3sec, 60' 2.13sec with COBB's Stage 1 OTS tune and their OEM+ TCM tune (I have the Corsa resonator delete but I don't think that gives any power boost). I was in 4A Sport and brake boosted but need to try it with traction disabled and diff locked. I think it has a little more in it on the 60' time. Conditions were 45'F at 1000ft with high humidity.

Very interesting. This pretty much confirms my suspicions that the Cobb tunes w/o the tranny tuning gave power on dyno but didn’t equate to much in terms of actual improvement in acceleration since the tranny was still acting on stock parameters. Your 0-60 #s WITH their trans tuning- which, no offense I’m just going to guess is no where near as dialed-in/complete as MPT/Gearhead for example- are behind the OPs & while respectable are basically about where a good stock run could be. I’m sure more repeatable w/ the other mods + tune.

Just to be clear- not knocking your tune/mods just stating that, essentially, I feel like cobb was selling “1/2 tunes” before & w/o any adjustment to the TCM didn’t really translate to tangible significant improvements in real world acceleration. I had called em out on this they refused to offer up any before/after 1/4 mile results & the results they did show w/ ECM tune only were nothing to write home about.

You’re def on right track to disable TC, but I think locking that rear might not be best idea on pavement while simultaneously going Wot balls to wall....

I’d love to see how the OPs draggy device compares to actual times @ the strip.

While I’m not really that concerned about running Baja trucks down the drag strip it’s cool to see how much a tune transforms these things. High 12’s in 1/4 from a 5600 lb flying brick on 35”s is just nuts.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am also Cobb Tuned but haven't tried the Cobb timer yet. I am curious now though... Also I am only about 15 mins from Rindge over the border in MA so keep an eye out for black screw!!! I spend a lot of time on the lake!!!!