GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they were never number 1 selling truck because of the Raptor. The raptor is a very small number compared to how many F150s they sold.

I think he was referring to #1 off-road truck.

Sounds like he read one of the same articles I read saying exactly that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford cares about remaining #1 they have to release a Raptor with a supercharged or turbo V8. Otherwise you're going to see many brand new Raptors languishing on the lots when Ram rolls out the TRX. It was confirmed for production today:
https://www.allpar.com/news/2019/10/hellcat-powered-ram-trx-is-official-46093

last paragraph says it all to me, just confirms they are making a raptor competitor, nothing more at this point.

"Whether the real production Ram Rebel TRX will closely adhere to the concept or not, we don’t know; but we do know Ram intends to dominate all competitors with this one"

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you should totally wait for the V8. Put your FRF account on hold and everything! Soon as that truck shows up you can call us all wrong.

P.S. Thank you for the fire sale suggestion on Raptors. I would think if you were going to try and impress by name dropping car names you could have chosen something better then a tarted-up Volkswagen?

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s completely different from when I bought my Gen 1, people were fighting to get the truck at MSRP. When I looked at my 2014 that I ordered in Late 2013 dealerships had them marked 5 to 10,000 over MSRP and people were paying it.

Here's an old thread with lots of info on near invoice deals for gen 1 so going to disagree with the last year still being $10K over MSRP (You also said your 2014 was $1K over):

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice.18117/

I don't think you'll see a V8 in the Raptor. Even the Ford GT is an ecoboost.

I do agree that there will be a hellcat truck someday if the Rebel sells well, but "FCA sources told Allpar" is not confirmation of production anymore than truckblog812 "confirming" the 5.2 for the 2020 Raptor....it's called clickbait.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should totally wait for the V8. Put your FRF account on hold and everything! Soon as that truck shows up you can call us all wrong.

P.S. Thank you for the fire sale suggestion on Raptors. I would think if you were going to try and impress by name dropping car names you could have chosen something better then a tarted-up Volkswagen?

People get so angry and or negative on here I don’t get it? If you take me talking about vehicles on a vehicle forum as name dropping bc you think I think I’m Gucci for have a certain car that’s your prerogative.

And name dropping the salesman I used I figured that might actually help somebody By providing information. Aren’t These forms set up to provide information and share opinions?

And I’m not looking to prove anyone wrong. Why would assume that? I’m just talking about something I enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an old thread with lots of info on near invoice deals for gen 1 so going to disagree with the last year still being $10K over MSRP (You also said your 2014 was $1K over):

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice.18117/

I don't think you'll see a V8 in the Raptor. Even the Ford GT is an ecoboost.

I do agree that there will be a hellcat truck someday if the Rebel sells well, but "FCA sources told Allpar" is not confirmation of production anymore than truckblog812 "confirming" the 5.2 for the 2020 Raptor....it's called clickbait.

I knew that list well, looked at it a lot when I was shopping around in 2013. I think I might have even posted my sale on there. Dealers near me in VA had 5-10k markups, I know bc I went to the dealers. It took me a while to get that deal in MD...and I don’t ever remember seeing dealers advertising 2k under MSRP online. Or 6k like this

6b4f4d927b34930051240f0e1ec6e794.jpg

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People get so angry on here I don’t get it? If you take me talking about vehicles on a vehicle forum as name dropping bc you think I think I’m Gucci for have a certain car that’s your prerogative.

Angy? Oh well. The way the post struck me is

1. Your 2013 Raptor was so cool it commanded over MSRP and people fought for them
2. Newer Raptors can't be given away because they have a poor V6
3. You won't even trade your Audi for one
4. People are feeling like they settled by buying a V6 because nothing else was better.

Sorry if I take this wrong but you are on a Ford Raptor forum, don't own a Raptor anymore and are feeling left out, now trying to convince us our V6's are simply undesirable?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I used that list when I got my 2014. The local dealers were all 10-15k over. Not because they knew a new V6 was on the way but mainly because they knew it was the last year of the Raptor (for a few years). I did end up getting mine for $500 over invoice but had to make numerous calls an travel to get it. I think that's the case with the GEN2 as well. Certain dealers will deal, certain dealers think 10k over is acceptable.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
People get so angry and or negative on here I don’t get it? If you take me talking about vehicles on a vehicle forum as name dropping bc you think I think I’m Gucci for have a certain car that’s your prerogative.

And name dropping the salesman I used I figured that might actually help somebody By providing information. Aren’t These forms set up to provide information and share opinions?

I didn’t take the name dropping as anything other than ‘hey, here’s my sales guy’.
Don’t know whether you’re too gucci for FRF ( that’s the first I’ve heard that ref here, and ... I think I may need to use that quote ;-) )

digging my 2 new free Raps too

FWIW, the 3.5tt is what the 302 used to be - the workhorse engine platform. They crank these sucker out by the tractor trailer load and stuff them in all manner of stuff. It’s way smarter economically than a dedicated engine per platform and that’s important when the economy starts going south. If Ford doesn’t have a sustainable plan, performance types get the shaft first. Here, the Rap is a huge money maker for Ford and buttresses their truck cred. could they go for another power plant family in the next Raptor? yes, but what do the other models out there in Ford’s lineup say?

They just spent a butt-load of R&D going aluminum, lightening the truck and dropping a newer, heavier engine up front negates that, requires at least suspension redesign and cuts into profit potential. If they can crank more out of the EB, that’s financially smarter if it’s competitive or continues to dominate the ‘sand’ oriented market it’s targeted for.