GEN 2 My prediction on the 5.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Legit. I just went down to the local Stealership and picked up my free gen2 for my wife and another just as a spare. I was going to claim them all, but there was a homeless guy outside, so I let him have the last Raptor on the lot ( gave him the 801a )

I’m going to have to use the speed limited my-key for my wife’s free Raptor, she’s got a bit of heavy foot when priussies are around.

You guys better run to the stealerships and pick up your free Raptors. Hurry, before they’re gone.

Really what a waist of a post. Compared to when I ordered my 14 back in late 13 seems much easier to find deals now.

Folks would have had to negotiate just to get to MSRP..my local dealer is offering 2k under MSRP online. Priced their truck out at invoice gave the rep the number and waiting to see how close to invoice they can come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
becbfe66d9029be3eb3e83e9843ecc2c.jpg

Wish I still had pics of the 5-10k markups dealers were adding for the gen 1s when I bought

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
+10k is poseur money. dealer off PW Parkway was claiming +15k, and Koons was trying for +20k. You can’t make a full Tahiti vacation on 5k over MSRP, you gotta go BIG.

Why do I say all of this? I’m considering buying a 2019 and or ordering a 2020. My gut tells me to wait Incase the 5.2 becomes official.

With all the talk about Ford having to keep up with the new Rebel TRX with the HellCat engine coming in 2020 the 5.2 will become a reality. So do I buy a 19 at a steal or wait and pay full price for the 5.2.

What are your thoughts.

No I am not a V8 troll, just a guy who sold his 2014 raptor for a 2017 S6 and miss having a truck and considering another Raptor.

You won’t be happy with the 2017+ Raptor. You’re spending sentence upon sentence trying to convince yourself to wait for the unicorn v8.

Pick up a used gen1 or a Dodge/Chevy with a v8. Plenty out there that need a loving home.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something dawned on me that makes this logic/argument completely worthless

Forget about the Raptor- how’s that 5.0 V8 selling in general for the F150 vs. the EB equipped trucks?

What’s that I hear?

Crickets?

Yeah- nobody gives a shit about not having another crappy ford V8 in their trucks. Ford does not make great V8s. Period. They’re the boosted car company these days, the V8 is not their halo engine anymore.

If the Ford GT & Raptor didn’t hammer that home enough for ya maybe that 500hp/630tq Lincoln Aviator will?

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please let us know if Sheehy will match, or even come close. I'm in MD and will be in the market by year's end.

Will do, bought my 14 in Waldorf for
$1,000 over invoice back in late 13. Bill Millman was my salesman. Gave me a price on my trade in and honored it 3 months later when my truck came in. Easy to work with

2ad0b19b3a6bcbed4aa73e61cb8f9ab3.jpg

Kashoggio

Lives in a van down by the river.
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter