My music downloaded to sync via USB but won't play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here playing with this thing and plugged my iPhone into my USB to charge it. A few seconds go by and the Sync Ho tells me all of my songs are indexed and ready to play.

So I go to user device in media screen and click on music library and all my playlists are there just like my phone.

I push play and the track is rolling ( timer is moving) like it's playing but I get no sound from speakers.

Am I missing sOmething? I have another appt with Ford Engineers I'm the am. And I wanna bring it up if it's the Sync having the issue.

Anyone?

ShiftyCapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe it's because you have an iPhone? I know apple doesn't use mp3 as their normal format, so that could be the issue?

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only went to MAXIMUM volume, it wouldn't let me go higher than that. Lol

So if it's not compatible with iPhone why would it be able to read all my music, index it, display all my playlists, albums, songs, etc and even stop, pause, FF, skip, repeat, etc. Along with displaying the artist, song and play duration and JUST leave out the volume? Lol.

Certainly I'm not the only iPhone user in the Raptor community.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha. Sorry I don't have anything valid to offer (yet) Houston... I've only uploaded music to the Rap via CD, but have had no issues.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You cant upload via iPhone.. It says INDEXED which means it is able to recognize the artist and track names... Pretty lame. I would say turn the car off and try it again. If not you may have a problem with your USB port or USB cable. Try bluetooth to make sure SYNC is working.

OP
OP
HoustonRider

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the problem. I can't get it to stay connected to sync via Bluetooth. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. I'm going in to dealer in am for 2nd repair on Sync.

We will see what they say. So far it's kinda ****** I have to connect via 1.5 like the old days. I'd rather Ford fix it.