My Ford Touch Sync Update Gen2-V3.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mridahodan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The patch fixed mine as well. I don't seem to have the location issue, but I have not used the GPS much since patch. I'll keep an eye on it and report if it has the same issue.

CGERM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sync folder and the two files that are in the Patch folder need to be in the root directory. Just drag them out of the patch folder and put them on the drive letter of the flash drive, then delete the patch folder when it says it is empty.

This happened to me also and this is what made it work for me.

I just wanna thank you @pat247 & @FordIVTteam cause the patch worked

Don't ask me why but I guess they didn't have to be in a folder on the usb drive just the 2 files and the sync folder on it. Only if I had thought of that the first place

Before:
https://vimeo.com/114934330

After:
https://vimeo.com/114934201

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CGERM I'm glad it worked, as I said I had some of the same issues with the install. As far as the GPS being off, I have not experienced this but I have only viewed the map a couple times while driving around. I will enter an address and see if it makes any difference the next time that I go somewhere in the Raptor.

CGERM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pat247 since the update I have not noticed any of the maps being off. Was this after the patch or right after 3.7?

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just stopping by to let you know that Ford has created a patch to revert the Ford splash screen back to the Raptor image (for those of you that have installed V3.7). This fix can be downloaded from: http://syncmediaprod.blob.core.windows.net/swparts/Gen2v37_RaptorPatch.zip You must extract the downloaded .zip file and place the extracted folder and files on the root directory of a USB drive. Keep in mind that the USB must be formatted to FAT32 or it will not work. Once the USB is inserted in your Raptor, the installation will start automatically (just like the other software updates).

If V3.7 is available for your vehicle at: SYNC Technology | SYNC Support | Ford.com I suggest holding off on the installation until the issue has been resolved.

Kim

Thanks for the patch! I used the same USB stick as last time and it flashed up a message about being incompatible but then worked fine anyway.

medic001918

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@pat247 since the update I have not noticed any of the maps being off. Was this after the patch or right after 3.7?

I noticed it being off after 3.7. It didn't improve with the patch or a reset.

Shane

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanna thank you @pat247 & @FordIVTteam cause the patch worked

Don't ask me why but I guess they didn't have to be in a folder on the usb drive just the 2 files and the sync folder on it. Only if I had thought of that the first place ...
Thanks for the patch! I used the same USB stick as last time and it flashed up a message about being incompatible but then worked fine anyway.
You're welcome! :)

Yep same thing here.
And yes I have stock wheels and tires. No issues prior to the update.
Please send your name, VIN, phone number, and mileage so I can properly document this. Thanks for reporting!

The patch fixed mine as well. I don't seem to have the location issue, but I have not used the GPS much since patch. I'll keep an eye on it and report if it has the same issue.

I'm glad everything is back to normal. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Kim

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the patch.. works like a charm..

Couldn't help but dig into the all the CABS..

I think I may let my nerd-side start playing with creating my own MP4 opening and closing screens...

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the patch.. works like a charm..

Couldn't help but dig into the all the CABS..

I think I may let my nerd-side start playing with creating my own MP4 opening and closing screens...

Those were my exact thoughts too

woutvc

Reaction score
I tried to install the update today, but it failed. It said "Bad installation file".
I used 4 USB sticks, formatted them all and copied the unzipped files from my computer to the USB drive. All USB sticks failed.
What are my options now?