My Crippled Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mdrodgers

Reaction score
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

this is what the wheel and studs look like

Attachments

• photo-14.jpg
    photo-14.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 58
  • photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 52
  • photo-16.jpg
    photo-16.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
  • photo-17.jpg
    photo-17.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 48
  • photo-18.jpg
    photo-18.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 53

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you should be able to see it the studs are striped. we had some goofy bastard try and spin are combine tires on like they where wood screws.

OP
OP
M

mdrodgers

Reaction score
there are no studs, they all sheared off at the hub

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

i do see where the wheel stud hole has stripes where the stud must have been hitting it

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

so... now my theory is that lugs came loose and because i was going straight it was riding on studs and didn't shear them off until the first stud broke and then they all broke off at a
rapid pace

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why is there a indent at the stud location? From what I see it looks like they were tightened to tight because there was nothing to bottom out on. Is there suppose to something that goes in the indent? Like a washer

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think so

Ive never seen wheel that had that type of mounting. They must be flush mount along the whole wheel... Otherwise when you tighten the lugnut it had nothing to bottom out on so they way those are they stress the stud... Who sold you the wheels?
Can you show a picture of the front where the lugs go...
Its s ****** picture but its best i can do tonight till tomorrow.. But you can see at the stud location its flat and not recessed... I think your problem is with the place that sold you the wheels...
wheels002_zps7fe6e95c.jpg

Last edited:

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on ya'll, yeah it sucks, but this is obviouly a case of overtightened lugs or **** poor wheel design being lug centric without hub rings, or wrong seat lug nuts. I have seen this qute a few times and almost everytime it was because some idiot technician installed the lugs with an impact overtorquing them. Out on the road one lets go and the rest follow. More common than you think. Ford absolutely has a case to deny the claim. And even if the wheels were installed at a Ford dealer (who buys wheels from a dealer) it's the dealers fault, not a Ford warranty claim. Wake up here guys.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

In my opinion...looking at this pictures, the holes for the studs are too large and the lug nuts had not been tightened enough; acceleration and braking shifts the wheel bending the studs, fatiguing them at the hub side and after one finely gives all follow shortly after.

OP
OP
M

mdrodgers

Reaction score
DSC_0685.jpg

This is the only pic i have. I can go to dealership and get better one tomorrow.
BMF is the Manufacturer, they're in California. These wheels are made specifically for Raptor