My Crippled Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdrodgers

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a 2010 Raptor, that i love. The problem is that Ford isnt showing me any Love. Six months ago as i was driving down the Interstate my front right
wheel studs sheared off while i was traveling 70mph with my family in my Truck. Needless to say wheel passed me up sparks flying all over the highway
i managed to get it to the side of the road without harming anyone.

I then had it towed to the Dealership (Hixson Ford in Monroe,LA) where i had the tires rotated and balanced 800 miles earlier. They refused to give me a courtesy vehicle to drive because they said it was a Ford Safety Issue. two days ago, six months later, i recieved a letter from Ford Motor Company that said:

"because the truck is not as it left the Factory your claim is DENIED"

so now i have a 2010 Ford Raptor that has nothing aftermarket other than a Matte Black Wrap and after market wheels and tires that are the same size as the factory ones that has been sitting for six months waiting for somebody to fix. Nobody wants to claim responsibility to fix it and i do not trust the truck now, not to mention the frame is probably tweeked now due to how its been sitting for six months at the Ford Dealership.

I have no option now but to Unleash my Attorneys on the Dealership and FMC. I love ford trucks and i have owned over 15 and never had such ****** customer service.

if you have any advice or know of anybody else who has had wheel studs sheer off please let me know.

Thanks,
David

Attachments

• DSC_0135.jpg
    DSC_0135.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0677.jpg
    DSC_0677.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0678.jpg
    DSC_0678.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC_0679.jpg
    DSC_0679.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0685.jpg
    DSC_0685.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
M

mdrodgers

Reaction score
The only real damage then was front right fender, right door, wheel, hood, rotor,suspension etc..

Yes, that's how dealership has had it sitting for the last 6 months.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, never questioned it, but is there a workmanship warranty on the work the FORD technicians do to the truck?

BTW, same thing happened to me back in 1981. Going 70mph, the front dropped and I saw my tire out the window. When I pulled the truck over it acted like a plow...had to get a shovel to dig the dirt away from the bumper so the wrecker could take me back to town. ;-)

OP
OP
M

mdrodgers

Reaction score
my guess is either the lugs got overtightened when they rotated them or the studs were made of sub-standard steel like the 129,000 they recalled on the Ford Focus.

But this is Ford's Beast Truck, wheel dams sure shouldnt fall off going straight down highway at 70 mph.

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd bet you money whoever did the work fugged it up. Any dealership that leaves a vehicle that expensive, just sitting like that ON THE ROTOR while awaiting work approval. F that dude!! Lawyer up and get 2 new cars out of it. Did you have the dealership install the wheels and tires?