My Camping Setup...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OregonSVT

Reaction score
Well, I ordered my 2012 Raptor on Nov 4th, so I'm just waiting for it to show up. While waiting I have been thinking about what it is going to look like towing my trailer. I figured I might as well post some pictures on my 2007 Airstream Basecamp. Airstream made about 300 of these before stopping production. Hope you enjoy:

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

Here's a video of the interior, not much to it...

?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A trailer makes a great basecamp. And that one's very cool

I've thought about it but we typically don't basecamp when we're offroading so it's not something we'd use every time out.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i truly envy you man thats beautiful surroundings man cherish it i hope one day i can experience a place like that......the tent is my style however nothing wrong with the camper its awesome:waytogo:

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
That is one sweet trailer airstreams are awesome. I bet it nice as long as you dont have large family all trying to spoon in it. I like camping in trailer. Sleeping in a tent isn't bad the complication is it doesn't have door knob to hang a sock.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had seen the basecamps as conceptual drawings..but never realized they actually made them!! That's friggin' sweet!! Totally jealous.

Now they just need to make this one!
MINI-Airstream-10.png

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I had seen the basecamps as conceptual drawings..but never realized they actually made them!! That's friggin' sweet!! Totally jealous.

Now they just need to make this one!
MINI-Airstream-10.png

I'm in an Airstream dealer if they ever release that!!! Sweet!!!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
That is a nice package and not toooo overly priced like I thought it was going to be. My only issue with the Airstream setup is that its not overly off road friendly. I have been doing a lot of research on adventure trailers as I'm definitely going to need one for work if all goes to plan. Having the ability of offering a base camp for a production literally anywhere could prove quite helpful. It seems the Aussies are a bit ahead of us when it comes to adventure trailers. My favorite so far is Kimberly Karavan.

Alstrom-Point-2011-2-L.jpg

i-zq3Twnm-L.jpg

i-BxmvVnm-L.jpg

i-Ph8dGHb-L.jpg

It is a go anywhere, in any environment kind of setup. The solid walls offer better protection from the colder climates and would be right at home up in Alaska. The 160amp solar setup can charge the batteries while still powering the fridge and stereo! Takes 3 min to setup with one person and offers indoor and outdoor cooking stations. The only two downfalls are the price and that its really designed for two people.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

The more reasonable alternative is an Adventure Trailer Horizon. It is definitely more geared for nice weather and relies on canvas, which takes more time to setup/take down but having made it through the Rubicon, it is a true go anywhere type of setup. You can always get awnings with walls to create "rooms" for when the weather really gets bad.

1_horizon1.jpg

Kitchen
1_lifestyle4.jpg

1_lifestyle2.jpg

OP
OP
O

OregonSVT

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments on the trailer. I was thinking about getting something that would be a little more rugged that I could pull around offroad. Probably something like a homemade teardrop.

That Kimberly Karavan is pretty nice. As far as the Basecamp goes, it is definitely not an offroad trailer. They do make an offroad version that is 2" higher and on BFG's w/ 15" wheels, not the 20's that most are on. I'm guessing that there are fewer then 10 of those that were ever produced. Even with that trailer, I wouldn't ever take it into anything very rough.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any us based companies building anything like that kimberly caravan?

That thing looks like an easy way to ease the wife into "expeditions".