My back window issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get to join the club, defroster took out my back window this morning, 2011, 27,000 miles, here we go with the dealership ******** again, this should be fun, they gave me the run around with my heated seat, this should be fun.

When are you headed in, J DAMAGE? Let me know how the visit goes; I'll be happy to step in and help, if needed.

Crystal

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer fixed the rear window to. Not it opens and closes. They replace the switch

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When are you headed in, J DAMAGE? Let me know how the visit goes; I'll be happy to step in and help, if needed.

Crystal

Window came in thurs 12th, made the apt for sat 14th, was supposed to get the truck back at the end of the day, then the call came in at 1:45 they can't complete, they ordered the window assem, but the ******** didn't order the butyl tape to complete the install, so they refused to go to the autoparts store across the high way and buy it, they ordered it, and was supposed to pick the truck up mon 16th, well guess what, 4pm no FEDEX, NO TRUCK.
Then they offer me a rent a car, but I have to go and get it myself, nice offer, but how do I pick it up with my truck taken apart, Took a chance with this dealer, because the shit staff was replaced and looking to gain there customers back, Yea replaced the staff, accept the parts guys that can't order right.

So lets see where Im at with warranty--- HEATED SEAT ELEMENT diagnosed bad by ford dealer, gave me run around to replace, cost out of my pocket and my time to replace, front shocks leaking, dealer wips finger on top of shock, dealer States there ok, but never wiped behind shock body where the oil was running down, cost out of my pocket and my time to replace, rear window (warranty,) but lose of my truck as another snow storm rolls in, and no way to get to work. so fords great warranty cost me about 800 in lose, sorry for the rant but this is bull, for what we pay for these trucks and not have FORD backing the buyer, and going after the dealers is total bull.

Last edited:

sharpertouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet! im in the broken rear window cause of defrost club too!
2010 with 58000 miles.

how has FORD not recalled this yet? @FordService
8jRrMJP.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

ps this happend a few months ago. drove around with it shattered for a day cause i had no tape on me. then it started to fall out...

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I joined the club also at 20k. Going to the dealer today to see what ford will do.

How did things go at the dealer, clone? If you need any help from my neck of the woods, PM over your details; I'll see what I can do. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

clone

Reaction score
How did things go at the dealer, clone? If you need any help from my neck of the woods, PM over your details; I'll see what I can do. When writing, please include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Ford is going to replace the rear window assembly under warranty. Hopefully in a week or so the truck will be repaired.