My back window issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I woud fight ford on it, others have been covered. Unless there is a point showing impact with an object they should be covering it as in my view its a defect.

I use my defroster but its in FL to deal with the humidity build up, not the negative temps you guys are seeing. But if it happened to mine I would be ripping a dealer a new one if they tried to deny it under warranty. Hell it sounds like such an issue in cold that Ford should be proactive with fixing it. Hell set a setting in the car so that it does not enable below a certain temp until the vehicle warms up.

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried fighting ford. Went to three dealerships. All said they don't cover broken glass, they all say they have never heard of it before. I told them to just google search f150 broken defroster glass and you'll get a lot of entries. Now I'm going to write to Illinois Attorney Governor and said a letter to ford corporate.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tried fighting ford. Went to three dealerships. All said they don't cover broken glass, they all say they have never heard of it before. I told them to just google search f150 broken defroster glass and you'll get a lot of entries. Now I'm going to write to Illinois Attorney Governor and said a letter to ford corporate.

Tell them its racial profiling.. They are denying you just because your truck is black. :rollfro:

Ramrodthrusterpuppy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had two Raptors, a '10 SCab and now a '12 SCrew and this has happened with both and both were covered under warranty. Raise some Hell....this is a safety issue, Ford should be fixing the windows no questions asked and finding the cause. I've been pestering Ford Customer care since Nov 2011 when my first blow out happened and they still can't tell me the cause.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get to join the club, defroster took out my back window this morning, 2011, 27,000 miles, here we go with the dealership ******** again, they gave me the run around with my heated seat, this should be fun.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Theres been an FX4 ecoboost running around for atleast 8 months with the same issue. Dude used a black garbage bag and black tape to tape it up...

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I refuse to use mine

Not going to be using mine anymore, went im my truck to check out the systems set up, no clue how, but windows were set to auto, funny how I shut all the auto off, now its back to factory default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc