My ADD bumper stealth setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... its *really* close... but something aint quite right...

This is primarily a show truck, yes? Everything else on it is glossy black. The bumper is a semi or flat black, right? What if you gloss blacked the bumper too? Maybe a gloss clear coat? I think that would help bring the whole look home.

But even so, as is that is one freaking badass truck Chris. Congrats bro.

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks gents,

the bars on the bumper are powder coated while the panels are gloss black currently. Do you think the entire thing would look good gloss?

Ok besides Bstone, who else things sliders and rear bumpers would match? What color for those gloss or powder?

I'm considering the SVT plastic on sides, hood vents, and handles in matte black or gloss black as well.

opinions guys?

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the whole set up in matte would be absolutely gorgeous on your truck, but thats just me.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe its the flares that are throwing me. Maybe go back matte on them, keep the bumper matte, add the rear and sliders and keep the plastics all matte?

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck looks great. My suggestion is would not to gloss everything. You need a little contrast IMO. Some matte/flat and gloss would do it. Rock rails and rear bumper...maybe tire gate, if you've got a matching 5th wheel.

OP
OP
RIKU

RIKU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you guy's think the ADD stealth bumper and sliders would look more sexy than stock?

Also I have a custom tire rack + 5th wheel:

img_0463.jpg

Sorry guy's im totally torn on what to do:

options are stealth rear bumper + sliders + stealth tire rack or keep it the way it is.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Save your money and upgrade the powertrain (i.e. supercharger, headers, etc.), if you haven't already. I think the truck looks great the way it is, I was just making suggestions to make it a little different but it looks good with the factory rear bump. and running brds.

I'd be proud to show it off.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris, honestly I don't think the ADD or the other brand of aftermarket bumpers and side steps will do anything to improve the look you have (and I like their products). Your truck looks more like a street/show truck to me (no offense intended). If you were going to replace the rear bumper I'd find a cleaner look - like the panels the old street trucks used to use to replace bumpers giving them a smooth finished look.

Post up some pics of the front of your Raptor now so we can see it - I forget how you painted it.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like your truck a lot just how it sits. But if you went with sliders/rear bumper I would go with a matte finish to contrast the gloss of the body.

I agree with J that the aftermarket sliders I've seen so far might look "small" and that the stock running boards might look better. Maybe some sliders made out of large diameter tube would look good?