MUDs Flaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOUSE3693

Reaction score
Placing MUDs flaps on the front and rear help keep the sides of the truck clean?
Just wondering if its worth the buy even tho there only $40 for a pair.
Anyone else place them on a notice any difference?

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Placing MUDs flaps on the front and rear help keep the sides of the truck clean? Clean?...No, keeping lots of heavy shit off?...yes!
Just wondering if its worth the buy even tho there only $40 for a pair. ...eh?
Anyone else place them on a notice any difference? ...?...English please

87MJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I absolutely recommend it. The poor raptor has wide axles so any crap coming off the front tires will spray the entire side of your truck. The stone chips are a great accent too. There is another post on the forum (in the exterior mods section) that talks about the different styles. I went with the cheap ones that Birdman has on his truck. His photos are listed in that post.

I cant overstate how well the ones he purchased worked out for me. They look like they were made for the raptor so much so, that you dont even notice they are there.

Rather than using the mounting screws that came with them, I used plastic push pins (AKA Christmas Tree pins). They worked like a champ. I had to drill into the plastic on the rear wheel wells but not the metal fenders. In front, there was one spot where I needed to drill into the fenders but I dont think that will cause the front ones to rust. :)

I would really encourage you to look at Birdman's post. It didnt alter the look of my truck at all. They seem tough yet plyable. Plus they were inexpensive.

Good luck. :happy160:

fostercd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 20 dollar autozone flaps on only the front wheels of the truck.

They don't stick out like a sore thumb, and i no longer have a line of mud / dirt thrown on the door of my truck.

Best mod you can do to your truck.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/pdp-contour-fox-logo-mud-flaps-installed-pics-11741/

Hands down one of the best mods I did. Night and day difference with how dirty the truck gets.

I don't mind getting it dirty when I take it offroad, but it is annoying after just cleaning the truck, hit 1 puddle and crap is slung down the sides. No more of that with the mudflaps. As mentioned with the wider stance this truck is really bad for flinging stuff up the sides. The flaps make a world of difference.