Mud Flaps - should I / should I not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Ground clearance is noticeably reduced with mud flaps. Presumably higher than average truck ground clearance is desired by most Raptor owners so flaps can be self defeating.

I chose to have paint protection film (PPF) put on my rockers and part of the way up my doors to help with rock chips. .
Where did you stop the PPf on the doors? How high up and can you tell or see a seam line?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ground clearance is noticeably reduced with mud flaps. Presumably higher than average truck ground clearance is desired by most Raptor owners so flaps can be self defeating.

I chose to have paint protection film (PPF) put on my rockers and part of the way up my doors to help with rock chips. .
Don’t think those mud flaps would affect me. Take them off or rip them off, who cares. I normally use Husky but on back order so I got the weather tech, a little bulky but very effective

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not believe the need for huge mudflaps is necessary at all. The primary area to cover is the gap between the side step and the fender. I added a small generic flap to cover that space and it took care of 85+ % of the mud/rocks compared to without and isn't an eye sore.

IMG_9266.jpg

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
1697118910263.jpeg
I had the gatorback ones on my Gen 2 and loved them. They are flexible, keep the front door handles from getting muddy and snowy, cut back on dust behind me, and I thought they looked cool with the Raptor emblem. They have been in the dirt in Baja, snow in Michigan, and Raptor runs in west Texas and held up great. The only downside is they won’t fit my Gen 3. I guess I’ll try to sell them and save up for the ones for the Gen 3.