Mud Flaps - should I / should I not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Love mine too, forgot where I purchased them but they're flexible and work well.Raptor2019.jpg

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those husky flaps?
Set from ebay (Auto-Nations Universal Mudflaps) and they are flat and perfect to fill the gap but require a little work to get the holes right (use piece of paper to make a stencil of the lower wheel arch for the holes) .

I live in Cali so it is safe to assume larger mud flaps may be needed in areas with snow but I wanted low profile flaps that dont flap around in the wind! lol

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you able to reuse the factory screws with the RokBlokz? I read they come with silver wood screws?
I reused the factory screws on the front and they work just fine. I reused them for that reason of the screws provided being silver. The screws they provide are a little bit longer, but I have had the RokBlokz on for a year with the original screws and have had no issues. I only put the mudflaps on the front and not the rear. For the rear they sent clips and having to drill was more than I wanted to get into. If I am throwing stuff at the cars behind me, then they are too close and deserve it.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weathetech took 5 minutes to install. No drama and look great.

TremorRaptor

Reaction score
I reused the factory screws on the front and they work just fine. I reused them for that reason of the screws provided being silver. The screws they provide are a little bit longer, but I have had the RokBlokz on for a year with the original screws and have had no issues. I only put the mudflaps on the front and not the rear. For the rear they sent clips and having to drill was more than I wanted to get into. If I am throwing stuff at the cars behind me, then they are too close and deserve it.
I used the factory screws on the front and went with the supplied clips and screws (i think these are stainless) on the rear. The drilling is a pretty minor event and I doubt anyone would notice the hole if the flaps were ever removed. I used a little bit of plasti-dip to cover over the screw heads. We'll see if it holds up.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ground clearance is noticeably reduced with mud flaps. Presumably higher than average truck ground clearance is desired by most Raptor owners so flaps can be self defeating.

I chose to have paint protection film (PPF) put on my rockers and part of the way up my doors to help with rock chips. .

You’re not going to like... high center because of mud flaps. The truck is 5700 pounds plus, the mud flaps will definitely give. Or they won’t and they will tear right off. Either way, no problem.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re not going to like... high center because of mud flaps. The truck is 5700 pounds plus, the mud flaps will definitely give. Or they won’t and they will tear right off. Either way, no problem.
I've got the Rockblox and haven't torn them off yet. They are a little beat, but since they're flexible they have flexed enough so far. You rip off mud flaps when you back down an obstacle and it gets pinned between rock and tire. The solution? Never back down! Forward, baby! Momentum is your friend! Did I mention that I broke a fender using this technique? Mud flap is fine functional. YMMV