MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Dear MPT Customer,

We'd like to thank you for purchasing tunes for your 2018 Ecoboost with us. Our customers have reported an issue to us related to the adaptive cruise control system. We have been tirelessly working with HP Tuners on a solution, and looking in to adding more calibration items to allow us to resolve this.

Due to these complications, the 2018 tune is not up to our quality standards. Therefore, we are offering you three options:

1- You can be a tester. This means you will get the latest revisions as we are building them, and will appreciate your feedback by datalogging the tune for us.

2- We can place you on a waiting list. Once we have a confirmed solution and the tune meets our quality standards, we will email you to let you know and being building your tunes with that latest version.

3- We can refund you for the purchase. If you purchased the ngauge device from us, contact us for a return authorization number to start the process.

Feel free to call or email us at any time.

Sincerely,

The MPT Team

407-636-7077

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Wow.
Wow..
Wow...

Second item of concern... MPT has no idea how to modify a tune or think through it clearly to make a fix??? They don’t sound like a reputable vendor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Wow.
Wow..
Wow...

Second item of concern... MPT has no idea how to modify a tune or think through it clearly to make a fix??? They don’t sound like a reputable vendor.

18s are WAY more finicky than 17s. there are a lot of module and sensor changes too.

I'm not upset, in a rush, or anything else. it speaks volumes that MPT sent an email like that to their customer base.

its not how you react when shit is all rainbows and sunshine.

its about how companies respond when shit is sideways.

I'm totally good with waiting ( within reason).

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Right, but it verifies that they don’t know what they are doing. They are a tuner and should fix things themselves. Why do they need HP Tuners help???

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Right, but it verifies that they don’t know what they are doing. They are a tuner and should fix things themselves. Why do they need HP Tuners help???

The number of things you are clueless about is without limit. You bring nothing of value to discussion on Ford Raptor Forum, and it’s time to engage the moderators again.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return your MPT tunes (glad I did a couple months ago!) and just bite the bullet and get Whipple.

A huge group purchase went through and over 45 people on the forums bought it. No one has had any issues that weren't already resolved and Whipple themselves reply and provide great info on the forums.

Whipple doesn't need or have to rely on a 3rd party like HP Tuners. Whipple uses Fords calibration software and is the real deal.

I just don't know why anyone would go with another tune at this point, but that's just me. If there's a power difference I'll have to see it to believe it, because my truck is so much faster now tuned with 37s than with stock on 35s.

A buddy of mine with a stock Raptor drove my truck and said how much better it drives and has way more power and torque. Said it felt like a whole different truck and more fun... One again, that's on 37s and he said that

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Return your MPT tunes (glad I did a couple months ago!) and just bite the bullet and get Whipple.

A huge group purchase went through and over 45 people on the forums bought it. No one has had any issues that weren't already resolved and Whipple themselves reply and provide great info on the forums.

Whipple doesn't need or have to rely on a 3rd party like HP Tuners. Whipple uses Fords calibration software and is the real deal.

I just don't know why anyone would go with another tune at this point, but that's just me. If there's a power difference I'll have to see it to believe it, because my truck is so much faster now tuned with 37s than with stock on 35s.

A buddy of mine with a stock Raptor drove my truck and said how much better it drives and has way more power and torque. Said it felt like a whole different truck and more fun... One again, that's on 37s and he said that

I'm not to the point where I'm going to punt on MPT. I know what it is like to think you've got your software perfect, only to find that a customer found a bug that will cause issues.

I'm sure, to a degree, they are reliant on HP tuners to actually unlock the modules that they need to correct the issue ( or at least troubleshoot adequately).

MPT doesn't write the tuning software, make the tools, nor do they figure out any of the encryption on the ECUs.

It is not that different from trying to put a nail in with an impact gun.

yeah, they could probably figure out how the hammer that nail in with the wrong tool, but with the right tool, it is done correctly and efficiently.

Shit, I had a hell of a time getting my truck to not throw codes with full race's damn catch can for 100 mi.

I was never able to get it to not throw codes based on the sensor differences and different acceptable voltage/flow parameters for something as simple as crankcase ventilation.

Pretty much, as long as MPT is still good with issuing an RMA at a future point in time where I'm no longer willing to wait for them to get their tunes out, I'm happy to sit and wait. No sweat off my back and the ngauge sits in its box on my shelf.