MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmacfn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

So it was not the Pedal connection.

When i did the 3 hour drive back after securing the pedal it happened multiple times. Always going up hill under acceleration. It was not a 'terrain fault' as i wrote initially, just said that when i tried to switch modes. It was a "Powertrain fault".

The truck bascially would not go over about 65 mph.

So i called MPT and they confirmed this was a known issue. I sent them 2 logs of the SIX times it happened in a 3 hour drive. They sent me back a new tune.

This was a REAL safety issue. Had i been passing a vehicle and this happened very very bad things could have occured with an immediate drop in power and acceleration. It made the rest of the trip back very very conservative.

In anycase, MPT is looking into it. I have since flashed back to stock and will try their updated tune tomorrow.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

When i did the 3 hour drive back after securing the pedal it happened multiple times. Always going up hill under acceleration. It was not a 'terrain fault' as i wrote initially, just said that when i tried to switch modes. It was a "Powertrain fault".

So i called MPT and they confirmed this was a known issue. I sent them 2 logs of the SIX times it happened in a 3 hour drive. They sent me back a new tune.

This was a REAL safety issue. Had i been passing a vehicle and this happened very very bad things could have occured with an immediate drop in power and acceleration. It made the rest of the trip back very very conservative.

In anycase, MPT is looking into it. I have since flashed back to stock and will try their updated tune tomorrow.

Figured so.

In my opinion, another reason I'm glad I went with Whipple and sent back my MPT tune.

Grabbing popcorn and waiting for Guy's response here. He gets all fired up when it comes to defending MPT lol

VSTOLG4

Reaction score
Update:

Man that sux. Glad you're safe tho. This is one reason I just keep my Ngauge plugged in all the time....but like you said the file wouldn't load. Waiting to hear more since I take my truck on PHX to middle of nowhere drives often and this could be a near-death situation in deep in the desert.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need for popcorn.

I had a similar issue with 5 Star Tuning.

I’ve not had that issue with MPT in 7 months of driving.

Are you a 2018 or 2017?

Were you using adaptive cruise at the time? I noticed it most when the cruise was engaged.

I never found out from 5 star if they solved their issues.

Yours is the first MPT case I’ve heard.

Probably what you’re missing here is Water Wetter. :p

Figured so.

In my opinion, another reason I'm glad I went with Whipple and sent back my MPT tune.

Grabbing popcorn and waiting for Guy's response here. He gets all fired up when it comes to defending MPT lol

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Had i been passing a vehicle and this happened very very bad things could have occured with an immediate drop in power and acceleration. It made the rest of the trip back very very conservative.

Did it do this stock? This sounds eerily familiar to the 3.5 ecoboost issues of the last generation.

Jackie

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my truck while running the MPT tune.

2017 driving uphill decelerating due to stop sign at the top of the hill. Hard downshift and powertrain fault resulting in limp mode for a couple of miles before arriving at my destination.

I was 6 hours away from my home/ngauge so I shut off and restarted the truck several times until the code disappeared and drove 6 hours with no further issue. And for those miserable 6 hours I babied the truck like I was about to trade it in.

Re-flashed and drove another month with no faults but some pretty serious down shifts. I was lucky enough to come across a thread here that got me pointed in the right direction and MPT got me hooked up with a new tune.

So far no issues. But yes, I carry my ngauge with me now.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
<grenade warning>

Ok, I’m going to ask a serious question here. We gave the chipwerke folks a healthy ration of cr@p for their non existent QC and testing, you guys are reporting far worse than anything the chipwerke users were seeing...

Shouldn’t these bugs have been worked out before delivering to the end users?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<grenade warning>

Ok, I’m going to ask a serious question here. We gave the chipwerke folks a healthy ration of cr@p for their non existent QC and testing, you guys are reporting far worse than anything the chipwerke users were seeing...

Shouldn’t these bugs have been worked out before delivering to the end users?

Good point Slayer