MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c6vette

Reaction score
Yes it seems like most folks are happy with the tune itself...the only thing holding me back from buying one today is the warranty question. I have seen several reports online of engine/trans problems on these trucks and I don't want to void my engine warranty.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been looking to see any posts of guys having warranty issues and haven’t seen any. One member has had 3 turbos replaced and no warranty probs.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it seems like most folks are happy with the tune itself...the only thing holding me back from buying one today is the warranty question. I have seen several reports online of engine/trans problems on these trucks and I don't want to void my engine warranty.

If you need to take it in for warranty work, make sure you flash it back to stock and don't worry about it.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just flashed mine back to Syktyvkar take it in for recalls. The awesome guys at MPT were happy to talk me thru it.
FYI the trk now feels like a slug.

Romans9

Reaction score
Currently evaluating the MPT Tune and Whipple Stage 1 kit. It sounds like the MPT tune is the better deal on its own. Would adding the Whipple kit make it significantly better? Should I do the Whipple kit first? They both seem like good options...

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Currently evaluating the MPT Tune and Whipple Stage 1 kit. It sounds like the MPT tune is the better deal on its own. Would adding the Whipple kit make it significantly better? Should I do the Whipple kit first? They both seem like good options...
A IC doesnothong unless your temps are getting hot. Stk one works fine

lnferno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spent a good hour reading this entire thread, heh.

Lots of great info and lots of knowledgeable people in here.

I'd greatly appreciate it if I can get some opinions. I have a 2018 Raptor and I live at 7000' altitude. What is the consensus on whether or not I need to get custom-tuned? Do the computers just figure it all out, even with a canned MPT tune?

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you will love a tune. Alt doesn’t really play into the math much cuz you have a turbo.
I can’t say enough about the MPT guys. Every time I need to load a tune , send a log really anything I have done using the n gauge or doing things from my laptop they have talked me thru it over the phone. They answer the phone every time. My puter skills are limited to email and surfing and knowing these guys will help over the phone is huge to me.
I’ve been driving around all week with the stock tune and it sucks. Can’t wait to get my revised tune back in.