MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Just got the Mpt email tune today. Loaded the 91 PRX. Seems great with only 20ish city driving miles I am in the overly sensitive to every bump, shift, Etc stage.

Only oddity I noticed is that the 1-2-1 shifting seems a little clunky. My be in my head, has anyone experienced this?

In Sport Mode it's silly fast for a big truck. Overall super happy with their work, customer service and product.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with warranty claims after an MPT tune? If you reflash to stock before taking it in, I believe they can still tell that the ECU was overwritten, correct?

Tourbill0n

Reaction score
I just installed the MPT Tune as well about a week ago with the 93 PRX map. Everything seems to be working great and haven't experienced any shifting issues. The truck is definitely making more power and picks up speed much quicker.

As far as heat soak, I'm not driving like a madman, so I don't see this being an issue in the long run.

With the warranty claim, who really knows?? I was on the fence about potentially voiding the warranty and held off on tuning, but eventually just gave in.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with warranty claims after an MPT tune? If you reflash to stock before taking it in, I believe they can still tell that the ECU was overwritten, correct?
I believe they can tell how many times the unit has been flashed but can’t tell what was changed.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they can tell how many times the unit has been flashed but can’t tell what was changed.
So I contacted MPT and asked them what the dealer can see after the tune is out back to stock and was told “The most they can see is how many key cycles since the last flash, but there are many ways that can be reset.”

BendSprinter

Reaction score
Update: 1-2-1 shifting has smoothed out completely. Did a 200 mike trip and more around town driving. Overall it’s amazing. I actually enjoy the torque boost in normal 50% throttle driving more than any of the all out gains. It’s just a smooth powerful truck.

Best thing - I haven’t had the hit the auto off cancel switch once! Love having that feature disabled.

1roadking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anymore updates? How’s it feel trying to maintain speed on grades behind another vehicle or even flat ground around 55MPH? I can’t stsnd how much gear hunting the truck does now in those situations!

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my prx91 installed and went for a drive on my way home, feels great when I'm barly pressing the gas but when I go wot it actually feels slower in higher rpms is this normal ?

Also It only goes up to 18 psi and drops back to 17 or so,. When I drove it stock I had it jump to 18 psi to but dropped down to 15 to 17. So I don't understand why the psi isn't higher like spiking to at least 20. What psi are you guys having?

The shifting also doesn't reach redline and shifts early everytime, so I'm confused if the the tube flashes the trans as well or just the engine computer? I know on my gmc and gtr I had to flash a different file for transmission so I'm curious if I have to buy a separate tune to get the trans tuned. I only drove 20 miles or so not much testing yet.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my prx91 installed and went for a drive on my way home, feels great when I'm barly pressing the gas but when I go wot it actually feels slower in higher rpms is this normal ?

Also It only goes up to 18 psi and drops back to 17 or so,. When I drove it stock I had it jump to 18 psi to but dropped down to 15 to 17. So I don't understand why the psi isn't higher like spiking to at least 20. What psi are you guys having?

The shifting also doesn't reach redline and shifts early everytime, so I'm confused if the the tube flashes the trans as well or just the engine computer? I know on my gmc and gtr I had to flash a different file for transmission so I'm curious if I have to buy a separate tune to get the trans tuned. I only drove 20 miles or so not much testing yet.

Their basic tune does increase the throttle rate, so it feels faster sooner just like the worthless pedal commander that the children like so much. That's why it doesn't seem to pull harder the further you press the accelerator. It maxes out the ETC at ~1/4 pedal. Ask for a linear throttle rate and it will drive better.

The 91 tune is obviously less aggressive than the 93 due to the crap 91 octane, so you're kinda hosed there. Mine will peak at ~19psi

The trans tune is indeed a separate file that you need to request or not. Does it shift into 2nd gear every time, or does it skip to 3rd?