MPT Tune Version 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys believe what you want and spend on whatever you want. Unfortunately we’re not likely close enough to race mine against yours, but if there’s ever that chance I’m ready.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nikhsub1,

You are correct for sure. Look Fordza 1 i am not looking for the middle school answer of lets go race, i am simply trying to give people on here correct, relevant info on these upgrades that will help their buying decision. With real, proven examples on my 2 trucks. Saying a better intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, adapters, doesnt gain anything is simply giving false testimony and misleading people. The tune is the best for sure. But all these other enhancements do work.

Another point here. I live in Houston(hot as balls 6 months out of the year). I can assure that my upgraded intercooler and CAI are helping my truck when it is 104 degrees outside and 95% humidity.

yeayeatou good video, but here is the problem with it. They are measuring CAI by itself with no other add ons. And they are doing where it is not very hot. At the end of the video they found a 1.7% gain. Paltry at best. My guy said the same thing, but with all the other add ons, and the fact we are in Houston, i guarantee it is helping my truck more than 1.7%. How much? Who knows, but my example of racing the stock truck stills stands. And that was big jump in time and distance surpassed. I agree that the CAI is by far the worst bang for your buck.

Based on my experience I rank them here for increasing hp, torque and driveability
1 supercharger(obviously)
2 bigger turbos(no experience here but also obvious)
3 Tune(turbo or not) cheap and very effective/completely changes driving experience
4 headers/downpipe/exhaust(better sound is a bonus)
5 turbo adapters
6 Upgraded intercooler(possibly above the adapters especially in hot areas)
7 CAI

Final thought: Do not under estimate the power of all of this technology together working as a team to better enhance your motors ability to perform more efficiently(less wear and longer easier life) and effectively(hp and torque gains, better driving experience like throttle response, shift points, top and bottom end acceleration, etc)

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Additionally, i have 2 full time race car mechanics telling me that all this stuff does work especially when all done together, but what do they know? They just get paid to make cars and trucks faster at the track

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

Every engine and the components that bolt
To said engine are unique.

A CAI isn’t cold. It’s a larger airfilter that sacrifices filtration for flow. It’s hot air.

The spd turbo adapters would work well if the bottle neck in the engine was past the turbos. It’s not. I have them installed. They didn’t do anything.

The catback surprisingly does offer some horsepower on these. Ford has to really muzzle the ecoboost because it sounds well.... like an ecoboost.

The downpipes give a whopping 7 ponies.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... i have 2 full time race car mechanics telling me that all this stuff does work especially when all done together, but what do they know? They just get paid to make cars and trucks faster at the track

You know, when the person has their mind made up based on someone else's input from a different venue, then there is no logical explanation that will affect their pre-conceived "perception".

Since you have no rational experience with testing these products, you rely on your "buddies" who you've said are "race car mechanics". So, you're listening to people who have their experience base in track-based vehicles to draw from. Track-driven vehicles that are modified well past the typical know-nothing OEM street-driven parts-swapper who gets on the interwebs and tries to act like he knows something real.

You, and anyone who wishes to believe your non-experience based inputs, are quite welcome to do so. Those that would rather believe first-hand knowledge from someone who builds and drives street-vehicles are also quite welcome to believe my inputs, or your inputs. I'll bow out of this particular discussion as it's quite impossible to successfully debate an issue with an inexperienced person. They try to drag you down to their level and beat you with their only "experience" which is simply restating the same "unknown" thing over and over.

No thanks, just have it your way and enjoy your "fast" truck. Not all "tunes" are created equal. I can tune any vehicle to show "prove" whatever results I need to sell a product.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's be very clear here. These guys are not "my buddies", they are certified mechanics with their own shop with 40 years experience. They work on street and race cars. I have also had 2 other industry leading tuner/mechanics work on my trucks. All the info given is from those 3 reliable, proven sources. You claim to have all this experience so making ridiculous comments like you have made make you look like you do not know what you are talking about. Which I am questioning as well. And my experience is being a knowledgeable person who has 2 trucks heavily modded done by professionals who came highly recomended in the industry. These are the 4th vehicles i have had heavily worked on in the past 10 years. I have done my homework. You sound like an old guy who thinks he knows everything, who obviously does not based on your comments. I think we should end this conversation as well. My comments on this forum are meant to help inform people based on what i know and have experienced with these trucks. I am always positive and try to help folks with what i know. And when i do not know, certainly admit it. Not give false info based on what i think i know in a negative manner. Good luck to you.