Mpg drop with magnum force AFE CAI installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OCD knows no bounds.
Problem solving skills are lacking.
Do you have your original air filter system? (Please tell me you do)
If you want to prove your theory that the CAI is caused a drop in MPG. Reinstall you factory system and drive it for 60-90 days.

You won't be lacking in HP as the factory system breaths very well.

My bet is that you like the sound and as such are in fact driving more aggressive because it pleases you to hear the sound of the engine "breathing better" (hint: sound does not equal power).
I just laughed as I installed a $13 motorcraft oem air filter into the air box. On sale at wallmart. 19.2 mpg on a recent road trip…

Last edited:

STHenry

Reaction score
I would go back to the stock airbox and see if the mileage goes back up. I just run the stock oem filter on my truck so not much help in that department.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
OCD knows no bounds.
Problem solving skills are lacking.
Do you have your original air filter system? (Please tell me you do)
If you want to prove your theory that the CAI is caused a drop in MPG. Reinstall you factory system and drive it for 60-90 days.

You won't be lacking in HP as the factory system breaths very well.

My bet is that you like the sound and as such are in fact driving more aggressive because it pleases you to hear the sound of the engine "breathing better" (hint: sound does not equal power).
The perceived size of your junk is the inverse of your gas mileage. Just ask a TRX owner.