Moving on from my Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haul a load of firewood.
Pull a medium trailer without squatting like a toad.
Take three guys and their camping gear out for a week-long trip.
Fit in the drive through at Starsux.
My pavement princess fits through the Starbucks drive through just fine. Does it give me anxiety when I see those stupid yellow poles? Every time lol

Bill Giles

Reaction score
I'm having second thoughts too. I love my Raptor BUT at 67 years old even the Raptor suspension can't eliminate the jolt felt changing lanes.

FlaKY

Reaction score
I came to the same conclusion. Didn't off road with my 2018 Gen2 SCAB. Sold it outright and got something WAY more fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20220802_124252.jpg
    IMG_20220802_124252.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20220802_124352.jpg
    IMG_20220802_124352.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 21

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See all those people driving vettes/Porsches/mclarens/lambos/M cars etc, you think they’re all bringing em to the track? NOPE but they appreciate the engineering
I do agree with your point here, there is definitely something truly special about having the means to be able to experience, and enjoy sublime automotive engineering….even it isn’t fully exploited.

OP
OP
M

msw

Reaction score
I do agree with your point here, there is definitely something truly special about having the means to be able to experience, and enjoy sublime automotive engineering….even it isn’t fully exploited.
I don't disagree with it. I just can't own both the Platinum (which suits my needs better) and a Raptor. It's more of being rational and logical about it. Sure I should have thought about this before I bought the Raptor, and probably did, but logic went out the window for a bit.

carydean

Reaction score
So I have decided to take delivery of a F-150 Platinum I ordered a long time ago that has finally arrived. Luckily, it didn't get any features stripped. I love the Raptor, but came to slowly realize that I don't have any business owning it LOL. I don't off-road any whatsoever. Sure it looks cool and it's fun to drive, but completely illogical for me. I do way more towing, hauling, and long trips that something else just makes more sense. The Raptor was a passion purchase, not a logical one. Anyways, I've learned a lot in my short time on the forum. I never posted much, but read a ton.

Not sure if I'll trade it in on the Platinum (my state doesn't give any tax benefits for trading) or sell it. I won't list it here, but anyone can send me a DM if they want details on it.
Good luck with yer Platinum man.

I went through the same in 2016 when I sold my tree farm and thought I had no more use for my 2010 Gen 1 Raptor. I still went to Arizona/Utah once or twice/year, but not enough offroad to justify the Raptor only as a DD. Little did I know my mind was playing games.

Sold my beloved Gen 1 in Dec 2016 and bought a new Lariat. Drove it 8 miles to a friends warehouse where I put another $25k in it to make it "Raptor Like" before I ever got the registration. It was ok for a few years but it was NOT a Raptor... And it really showed the few times I did go serious offroading.

A few years later I got into Overlanding (growing old, not up?) and severely missed the Raptor. Sold my "Raptor Like" Lariat to a guy in Mass and bought a 2019 Gen 2, spitting image of my 2010. Geiser's, Icon's and a Gearhead tune with a couple other mod's in the future. Awesome ride, will never make the mistake of selling again. It's just something about owning a Raptor... no matter your reason!

I hope you do not go through what I did to learn a hard $$$ lesson. Do not sell your Raptor. If for nothing else (as someone earlier wisely said) but owning a great feat of engineering that the Raptor is. All the best going forward!

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 22

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just reread what I Wrote on page 1. That was funny as hell. Whew... post what you buy next OP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter