More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad this tune won't work with catted dp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except it does

Just ask JAYROD.

QUOTE=AKLA;1194561]Too bad this tune won't work with catted dp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except it does

Just ask JAYROD.

QUOTE=AKLA;1194561]Too bad this tune won't work with catted dp.

[/QUOTE]

That can be a win win for me then.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sent out my stock file this morning and got back the tunes around 1. (I did do the rush my tunes) downloaded the 91 prx tune, did some moderate driving around as well as getting on it... a huge improvement, a big notice in power gain (it'll be interesting to see some dynos other than the mpt heat soaked ones) but overall the power is smoother, shifts are what you would expect. the tune leaves you grinning from ear to ear which is what everyone wants .. stock they have plenty of power more than most people need, but its all about taking someone for a ride and them just going "HOLY SH*T this is ridiculous"

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaded my 93 prx tune with mpt trans, And wow.
MPT was professional and very responsive through the entire process.
Extremely satisfied customer here

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I told you.

Again I'm not knocking any other tuners... because everyone has their preference...

In my opinion, the MPT Tune, is by far more refined, more polished and better suited to a 4x4 truck. I've also come to the conclusion that my truck is faster with the MPT tune vs the 5 star tune.

You two are NOT spending any more of my money.

Nope.

Not going to do it.

You can’t make me.

it is NOT going to happen.

No way.

How much was it again?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was worth every penny.

I paid 300 bucks but had the tuner. It might be in the low 600s with the purchase of the ngauge.

I spent 1800 for the catback and 500 for the intake.

Both were not worth a fraction of the value in the MPT TUNE.

Interestingly enough.... with those few mods the truck is fast on a whole different level. You feel like you are driving a sports car from 0-60

Nope.

Not going to do it.

You can’t make me.

No way.

How much was it again?

Zhammy3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nope.

Not going to do it.

You can’t make me.

No way.

How much was it again?

679$ is the purchase of the Ngauge and 3 tunes, I did 93 octane with mpt trans, 91 mpt trans, 91 tow mpt trans.

From what i recall from a phone call, the 91 tow tune is lower boost levels with softer shifting.

I have the 93 loaded right now and no joke it will spin the tires without trying. The trans tune shifting firmness to me is slightly softer than sport mode, which is perfect in my opinion

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for sure like the tune more than 5star, I have the afe catted downpipes and turbo adapters, CAI, full race intercooler and 170 degree thermo....runs awesome! No cel, just power and smooth shifts! I put o2 sensor extenders post cats to help prevent cel. Great job!

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for sure like the tune more than 5star, I have the afe catted downpipes and turbo adapters, CAI, full race intercooler and 170 degree thermo....runs awesome! No cel, just power and smooth shifts! I put o2 sensor extenders post cats to help prevent cel. Great job!

Do you have the part number or brand of the o2 sensor extenders you used. I'm getting ready to run a similar setup and want to be proactive and throw them in in the beginning.