More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you have to have the Ngauge to switch between maps? Also can you have a stock map you can revert to easily?

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This tune looks best so far. Those of you who waited/switched and are getting in on this instead of other tunes seem to be rewarded for your patience/indulgence.

Still waiting to see what FP offers here. I expect weaker gains from FP. But maybe,as they are first party, their tune profiles will switch automatically with modes; Sport, Normal...

If not it'll just be weighing the lesser gains with saving warranty. 50/50 MPT/FP

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MPT tunes translate over to all the modes.

This tune looks best so far. Those of you who waited/switched and are getting in on this instead of other tunes seem to be rewarded for your patience/indulgence.

Still waiting to see what FP offers here. I expect weaker gains from FP. But maybe,as they are first party, their tune profiles while switch automatically with modes; Sport, Normal...

If not it'll just be weighing the lesser gains with saving warranty. 50/50 MPT/FP

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 3 tunes from MPT on Monday and don't have them yet...surprising since they say the turn time is 72 hours or less. Hopefully they send them tomorrow....

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 3 tunes from MPT on Monday and don't have them yet...surprising since they say the turn time is 72 hours or less. Hopefully they send them tomorrow....

I had asked a question and they apologized And said they are swamped with tune requests right now... took them 2 days to email me back. I think you must have gotten caught up in the wave of requests.

Mine came same day, but I did ask for $35 rush request... I'm assuming that helped as well.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there are situations where warranties get denied and other situations where they do not. All that said, how big of a risk is it to run a tune like MPT? I searched the internet for quite a while and major horror stories from running a tune were not jumping out at me. I know there are some out there, but all in all, the various tunes from key vendors seem to be fairly safe. Am I wrong? I saw a fair number of minor satisfaction issues, but major catastrophes seem to be extremely rare. I do not plan on drag racing the truck, or flogging it from start to stop, so will I be okay? People taking their trucks to the drag strip are going to break things with or without a tune, so I kind of rule them out.

I happened to be googling about the possibility of a V8 Raptor and came across this thread and post. Just thought I would share my experience.

I have a 2015 F-150 3.5EB and had the MPT 91 octane tune on it. Put the tune on at about 2k miles and at about 33k miles I threw a rod under moderate acceleration at about 35mph. I never raced the truck, always used at least 91octane from the same gas station/pump (unless I was traveling).

Fortunately, my dealer warrantied the engine, even knowing I had the tune on it.

I'm not saying it was MPTs fault, it could have just been a bad rod, who knows. I am not currently running a tune because I don't want to risk it again, but I definitely miss it. The performance was great and has me wanting a Raptor.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea id expect they are getting flooded at moment, so id just be patient. We ordered for a friends truck on a Friday, afterhours. We got the mpt files Tuesday afternoon. This was with Rush processing. Submitted the logs Wednesday after hours, and waiting on reply as of Friday mid day.

I will add, the mpt ngauge datalog configs they use are wayyyyyy more detailed than my 5star configs. More data points, and also in much more detailed fractions of seconds. Im sure this can be replicated, but just noting it. Their initial request of the locked 5th gear logs is also a great idea to me. Every car ive owned, has been tuned in some fashion, most wanted logs right away. So found it surprising 5star did not request or want logs after my offering, but must be so dialed in or just conservative. Only after my lower dyno #s did sending logs come up. Anywho, Cant provide much more feedback re MPT until we're able to start whaling on it freely, but currently doesn't feel like there's more torque than the 5star 93perf tune in my truck. Wont jump the gun on that though, just initial impression so no lynch mob assembly required yet :)

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MPT tunes translate over to all the modes.

I was speaking of a pipe dream from FP that tune metrics would change based upon mode you are in. Ie 93 extreme in sport mode then switches to 93 city in normal mode.. etc

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked yet. Are these before and after dyno numbers shown on their dyno chart are just with the tune? Are there any other mods performed (intake, downpipe, upgraded intercooler, exhaust, etc.)?