More power tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASD1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been asked yet. Are these before and after dyno numbers shown on their dyno chart are just with the tune? Are there any other mods performed (intake, downpipe, upgraded intercooler, exhaust, etc.)?

Same truck same day no modifications other than just the tune

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea id expect they are getting flooded at moment, so id just be patient. We ordered for a friends truck on a Friday, afterhours. We got the mpt files Tuesday afternoon. This was with Rush processing. Submitted the logs Wednesday after hours, and waiting on reply as of Friday mid day.

I will add, the mpt ngauge datalog configs they use are wayyyyyy more detailed than my 5star configs. More data points, and also in much more detailed fractions of seconds. Im sure this can be replicated, but just noting it. Their initial request of the locked 5th gear logs is also a great idea to me. Every car ive owned, has been tuned in some fashion, most wanted logs right away. So found it surprising 5star did not request or want logs after my offering, but must be so dialed in or just conservative. Only after my lower dyno #s did sending logs come up. Anywho, Cant provide much more feedback re MPT until we're able to start whaling on it freely, but currently doesn't feel like there's more torque than the 5star 93perf tune in my truck. Wont jump the gun on that though, just initial impression so no lynch mob assembly required yet :)

SCT Data Log config file the Tuner sends you can have all the bells and whistles turn on too.
80% of the PIDs are not even looked at, why would a Tuner turn them all on. And to set the refresh rate so high is a waste, It's over kill.
I'm still amazed that HP Tuner has a working platform for the Raptor Gen2
They still never figured out the Gen1.

Last edited:

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered last Monday....called Thursday and was told I was 5th in line, but that it might be done Friday. Called late yesterday and was told I was still 5th on the list. Originally I wasn't in a hurry cause I thought the 3 day turnaround wasn't too bad....but dam.
Now it's a holiday weekend and who knows when they'll be done....guess I should have paid the extra $35 to be expedited, but prob still wouldn't have had them by now...
But yeah, I'm sure they are getting a lot of new requests....

I had asked a question and they apologized And said they are swamped with tune requests right now... took them 2 days to email me back. I think you must have gotten caught up in the wave of requests.

Mine came same day, but I did ask for $35 rush request... I'm assuming that helped as well.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple of questions for the guys who already have it.. mpt is obviously closed right now but, I got mine in the mail yesterday plugged it in to download the stock file, and when you are suppose to select engine size there was no "raptor" one it listed 2017 3.5 ecoboost pcm+tcm .. is that the one you selected? Also you have to touch the gauge to turn it on everytime? When I hop in the truck the gauge is always blank and I have to touch the screen for it to power up.

Thanks!

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, that is the one to select
you can configure the gauge display to turn on and off a couple different ways. Best bet is go to watch a couple videos of it.

nah_tan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI MPT emailed me back and they do not support the 2018 yet. Awaiting to hear back when that will happen

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my tunes emailed to me last night from MPT - (Yes, on a Sunday...)
Email was very specific on how to load and how to log and what to do as far as next steps. Was impressed thus far....
Today I downloaded and loaded the tunes on the Ngauge and since I hadn't driven it in a while, took it for a drive around town and then went on a couple high speed runs to over 100mph to get familiar with the feel of the 5 Star again. Then loaded the MPT 93 sport tune and did the same runs I did with 5 Star.
I was skeptical that tunes could be much different, but I wasn't happy with the 5 Star shifting...but figured it was just the tune and the added power made it feel that way.
Anyway, I have to agree 100% with Guy, the tune from MPT is MUCH better suited to the truck. The power is incredible, the shifting is smooth, hard, but seems to shift at more appropriate times without the surging of the other tune. Throttle response is perfect, feels like the truck still has the Pedal Commander on it. (MPT says not to stack them).
I am REALLY impressed with the tune and the responsiveness and professionalism of the guys I've talked to at MPT. If anyone is concerned about using them, I'll vouch for them as a company.
Nothing against 5 Star, those guys are great too and were super helpful when I got my tunes from them on this truck and my previous , 11, 12 and 13 Raptors.
Any questions about the MPT tunes, feel free to shoot me a PM...I'm not an expert, but happy to help in any way I can.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I told you.

Again I'm not knocking any other tuners... because everyone has their preference...

In my opinion, the MPT Tune, is by far more refined, more polished and better suited to a 4x4 truck. I've also come to the conclusion that my truck is faster with the MPT tune vs the 5 star tune.

Got my tunes emailed to me last night from MPT - (Yes, on a Sunday...)
Email was very specific on how to load and how to log and what to do as far as next steps. Was impressed thus far....
Today I downloaded and loaded the tunes on the Ngauge and since I hadn't driven it in a while, took it for a drive around town and then went on a couple high speed runs to over 100mph to get familiar with the feel of the 5 Star again. Then loaded the MPT 93 sport tune and did the same runs I did with 5 Star.
I was skeptical that tunes could be much different, but I wasn't happy with the 5 Star shifting...but figured it was just the tune and the added power made it feel that way.
Anyway, I have to agree 100% with Guy, the tune from MPT is MUCH better suited to the truck. The power is incredible, the shifting is smooth, hard, but seems to shift at more appropriate times without the surging of the other tune. Throttle response is perfect, feels like the truck still has the Pedal Commander on it. (MPT says not to stack them).
I am REALLY impressed with the tune and the responsiveness and professionalism of the guys I've talked to at MPT. If anyone is concerned about using them, I'll vouch for them as a company.
Nothing against 5 Star, those guys are great too and were super helpful when I got my tunes from them on this truck and my previous , 11, 12 and 13 Raptors.
Any questions about the MPT tunes, feel free to shoot me a PM...I'm not an expert, but happy to help in any way I can.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tune was the last thing I had on my mind as I didn’t want to put my extended warranty in jeopardy... now I really want this MPT tune! you guys are killing me [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk