GEN 2 Moonroof won't open...loud "clunk"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I made the appt, they said a loaner vehicle would be $30/day. Do only certain dealerships give free loaners out?

Loaner should be free. If they don't have a loaner, FMC will pay up to $30/day for a rental car for up to 10 days. That's probably where the $30 came from.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loaner should be free. If they don't have a loaner, FMC will pay up to $30/day for a rental car for up to 10 days. That's probably where the $30 came from.
All I know is that she said "it will cost $30/day if you end up needing a rental car".

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I know is that she said "it will cost $30/day if you end up needing a rental car".

If the cheapest rental they can find is $60/day, this would be true. I just went through this, I had to get customer service at FMC involved, but I got my rental. I ended up paying a little over a dollar a day to make up the difference. A dishonest dealer will do everything possible to not give you a loaner or a rental. If you don't know what you're entitled to, they come out ahead. Hold their feet to the fire. Which dealer is it?

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the cheapest rental they can find is $60/day, this would be true. I just went through this, I had to get customer service at FMC involved, but I got my rental. I ended up paying a little over a dollar a day to make up the difference. A dishonest dealer will do everything possible to not give you a loaner or a rental. If you don't know what you're entitled to, they come out ahead. Hold their feet to the fire. Which dealer is it?

Most accurate post on the internet in 2020 right here.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she's wrong.

Look in you owners manual under Bumper to Bumper coverage. It's listed right there.
She probably didn't know it would be warranty work...or, at least it would make sense if that's why she said it. She could have just been wrong, though!

Sill-TerHar Ford

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
make sure you lube the seals on the glass. plenty of you tubes on this. the pop happens when the glass seals stick together. a regular lube job every quarter keeps this from happening.

this. I just did mine last week- was pretty dirty all around & used a good bit of krytox, I also clean up the drain channels/plastic tracks as best I can w/ mild soap damp microfiber cloth.

and....while this shouldn’t be a “prerequisite” for proper sunroof operation, I learned early on you HAVE to vent it first time you use it before fully opening. Sounds like the OP was doing this too but still had it break....a lot of crud does tend to get in there though & cleaning/lubing seems to be hugely beneficial.

I was weary of buying one w/ the sunroof as a result of all the negative internet stuff, but good luck finding a well optioned truck- let alone a raptor- WITHOUT one.

2 years & 31k miles no issues yet, clean & lube it 3x a year

GR8Ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this. I just did mine last week- was pretty dirty all around & used a good bit of krytox, I also clean up the drain channels/plastic tracks as best I can w/ mild soap damp microfiber cloth.

and....while this shouldn’t be a “prerequisite” for proper sunroof operation, I learned early on you HAVE to vent it first time you use it before fully opening. Sounds like the OP was doing this too but still had it break....a lot of crud does tend to get in there though & cleaning/lubing seems to be hugely beneficial.

I was weary of buying one w/ the sunroof as a result of all the negative internet stuff, but good luck finding a well optioned truck- let alone a raptor- WITHOUT one.

2 years & 31k miles no issues yet, clean & lube it 3x a year
Apologies for the highjack OP!
What # Krytox has been successful?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk