Monthly Payment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another question. When you had the car built. Did you have to put the whole thing down then wait the 3-4 months for the car. Or all the financing had to be done before they made the car? I've never had a car built before either.

Typically you would want to get "PREAPPROVED" prior to committing to the truck build. Once you do that, the dealer will usually ask for a deposit of $500 - $1,000.

Once the truck is built and delivered, then you gain the financing and whatever rates are at that time is what you would qualify for. At that time you pay for your rig.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I always forget about the 72months. Last time I bought a car was 2002 and I don't remember there being an option for that long. So everyone is avg. About 10k down. That is what i was thinking about putting down.

Another question. When you had the car built. Did you have to put the whole thing down then wait the 3-4 months for the car. Or all the financing had to be done before they made the car? I've never had a car built before either.

luckily the dealership in cerritos,CA had the exact raptor i wanted minus the moon roof but thats not a deal breaker for me. im kinda impatient at times so i didn't wanna build one and have to wait months to get it plus my other car got totaled so i needed another car fast :peace: and it just worked out great for me

Banned
Reaction score
When I go to get a brand new truck, I'll be putting 10k down, right now I have great credit, but only from a credit card. So I'll take out a loan for a older vehicle, to build it up better. I could pay cash, but it will be nice to build up credit.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=49.897617,-97.258623

-Posted with my iPhone.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Typically you would want to get "PREAPPROVED" prior to committing to the truck build. Once you do that, the dealer will usually ask for a deposit of $500 - $1,000.

Once the truck is built and delivered, then you gain the financing and whatever rates are at that time is what you would qualify for. At that time you pay for your rig.

Exactly, most dealers/banks if not all are not going to commit a rate when you order they will just pre-approve then I was asked just to throw something at it they really did not care too much what amount I gave them so I threw 500 deposit down, got the deal in writing and my dealer definitely kept their word for exactly what we had worked out 3 months earlier
:waytogo:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. I Know this is kind of a personal question. But I'm really wanting a '12 but doing the math. I'm looking at an almost 800$ payment. Does that sound right?

Mine was $48750 plus TTL - $12,000 for my trade and another $8000. Payment is $545 ish. Plan on paying off by end of 2012 though.
BDRAG

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Paying cash for mine, agree car payments suck but interest being so low it's always tempting to get some financing.

Banned
Reaction score
You guys paying $700+ a month must be making some serious coin

-Posted with my iPhone.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i paid cash as well. i was gonna put down half and do payment on hte other half to work on my credit. but my financial guy at the bank said why bother? my credits ok, not horrible but not real good either, paying household bills ontime is gonna work in my favor, and i didnt have a credit card at the time. so instead of paying thousands of dollars extra on an already expensive truck, just pay it off, get a credit card and pay your card off every month. credit gets built and pay no interest. as for why my credit wasnt great, i had a credit card i got right out of high school that ended up getting sent to collections (lost job and all), 2 different low value loans from bank, and a not so stellar cell phone bill in my name. and once i had my debit card it was fine, i could make any purchase i needed without interest, and if i dont have the money in the bank to afford it... i cant buy it! and i liked that alot better, cuz if i couldnt afford it now, then i dont need it that bad! :waytogo:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, you bought your own truck!? what do you do?

I buy and sell mining equipment. And the pay is pretty decent... But the only reason I can afford it is I am going to college and my dad is paying for my education. The campus is only 30 minutes from home so I live at my parents house. So I don't have any bills other than the ones related to my truck.