Monster Energy Outlaw Raptor Run #1 Completed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, is it fixed yet? When do you plan to come out and get it?

Reaction score
It's still at team ford. The exhaust cooked the floor board which melted the main wire harness which caused the PCM to go bad. So it's going to be about a week or so till I get it back. Thanks for holding my stuff at your house I really appreciate it!
Oh yeh there's about a 6,000 dollar bill racked up in Parts and labor. Please excuse this mess of a post, my I phone is kicking my ass!

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch that sucks. Let me know when it's ready and I'll get you picked up from the airport if you fly out.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still at team ford. The exhaust cooked the floor board which melted the main wire harness which caused the PCM to go bad. So it's going to be about a week or so till I get it back. Thanks for holding my stuff at your house I really appreciate it!
Oh yeh there's about a 6,000 dollar bill racked up in Parts and labor. Please excuse this mess of a post, my I phone is kicking my ass!
Are you running the stock exhaust or aftermarket? Sounds like there was some major carnage (bent frames) happening on the trip.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seemed like who ever was running deavers bent their frame. I ran hard but never pushed the truck, and had no damage to my super crew.

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to pull the trigger and buy Deavers, but now I'll wait and see what some of the solutions the aftermarket fabricators come up with.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I was about to pull the trigger and buy Deavers, but now I'll wait and see what some of the solutions the aftermarket fabricators come up with.

Every vehicle has a limit things start to break. I have quite a bit of offroad time on the Deavers and there is no sign yet of the frame bending. These guys were pushing their trucks pretty hard from what I've heard. I'm still going to look into the frame mods Outlaw is working on...I would rather spend a couple bucks on that then have to deal with a bent frame in the future.

ChadB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People that have driven with me know I like to have fun, but want to keep it safe. Yes, a lot of people went too hard in my opinion and thats why they broke/damaged stuff. I know when I'm out there, I'm driving my truck and not my RZR, if I break the RZR, it goes back on the trailer. The truck also weights a whole lot more and will do more damage a lot easier. I will upgrade the rear frame once the kit comes out to help prevent it, but so far no damage