moisture in front LED marker lights fender flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I noticed there's condensation inside both amber LEDs in the front fender flares on my 2018 - truck has 13-14k miles, quick search revealed this isn't that out of the ordinary...additionally my drivers side rear seat will not "lock" or "click" into the fully raised/up position like the passenger side smaller section does. When I'm driving @ highway speeds w/ windows open it can cause this rear drivers seat to drop down - not ideal when my dog is traveling w/ me back there & she gets bashed by a seat dropping down on her then launches herself into the front passenger seat (if its empty) lol!

Anyhow - this is my first new Ford, I didn't have super high expectations when it came to Ford dealers/service dept. - but the mindless corporate black & white nature of the service/warranty dept. is a bit of a turnoff.

Someone explain why I would need to make a special appt. - particularly one that sounded as if waiting for an hr or so wasn't possible - in order for someone to walk outside look at the LED lights, acknowledge "yep - water definitely in there" & just order the damn replacements vs. me setting up an appt where I'm without a vehicle for the day & inconvenienced in terms of dropping it off/picking it up....only to 1000000% know the outcome is only going to be - making another appt. & dropping it off for 48 hrs again?

This is why I am adding the seatback issue & making an appt. for them to look @ it, even though I'm not even sure the driver's rear seat is SUPPOSED to lock in place like the passenger rear & honestly is something I was fine living w/ just using a bungee to help hold the seat bottom up. I figured may as well make it worth my while.....if I needed an oil change I probably wouldn't have them do it since they made a mess of skid plate on the first free one while simultaneously losing 2 of my skid plate screws (did get me a new set month later)

In short - kinda scared me how little free common sense thinking was taking place.....& also when you're driving one of the most expensive vehicles a dealer sells, & its brand new under factory warranty, AND I have a 100k b2b extended warranty.....well you just would assume this would be a quick assessment & order the parts easy & painless, but nope.

4rdFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my truck, the rear passenger side seat easily locks in the up position. However, I noticed that on the driver's side I have to give it more beans for it to lock in the up position. Try giving it a good shove and see if it locks in place.

Definitely call the dealer ahead of time and ask what's the best way to resolve the issue. Sometimes they will take a look at minor issues without an appointment.