Misbuild Claim Process when buying Used...? Missing BLIS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
How long ago did you buy it? I would address with dealer and say the truck was mis represented. You might be able to “return” it but forced to buy something at that dealer. Or contact your state (can’t remember what agency regulates car dealers) and pursue it that way. Either way. Address immediately.

My wife bought a used wrangler and it was marketed with the dual top group (both hard and soft tops) dealer couldn’t find the soft top. They tried to get say it wasn’t included. I raised hell and they had to buy her a new soft top from Jeep

Just ideas. Keep us posted.

About 2 weeks ago. I'm sure the dealer I purchased it from, had no idea it was missing. The issue isn't serious enough for me to give up this beast, just because it's missing BLIS in the tail lights. Still hoping my local dealer can help me out though.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pic of tail lights? Would be interested in seeing this blank plate on the back. If it doesn’t look like the pic I attached then it isn’t factory. Also, the early tail lights just had a decal that was removable and not molded into the tail light. c43af4697b4caeeb145f02bfc70b60d0.jpg
26889ce032de7521cb91d5c2aa31337e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps seller knew what he was doing and made a swap and sold the spare parts... But if there isn't even a harness... That seems crazy.

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
Pic of tail lights? Would be interested in seeing this blank plate on the back. If it doesn’t look like the pic I attached then it isn’t factory. Also, the early tail lights just had a decal that was removable and not molded into the tail light.

Pic of tail lights? Would be interested in seeing this blank plate on the back. If it doesn’t look like the pic I attached then it isn’t factory. Also, the early tail lights just had a decal that was removable and not molded into the tail light.

OK..... Seems like I'm a Got Damn IDIOT..... All the images I found online of Flippin BLIS tail-lights, show that decal & it looked as though it was molded into the light. I went outside & pulled the light out completely. It looks EXACTLY as your pic. I looked on the bottom of the light to find a sticker that appears to have a label indicating I in fact, have BLIS Tail-Lights. Images shown below.. What can I tell you.... I'm a Newbie.... Previous owner must've simply peeled the BLIS stickers off.

f9eaTq9.jpg

lT6IG5z.jpg

24UIxdm.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorNewbie2018
Reaction score
I was assuming there would be module with a female connector in that area, with a wiring harness & separate male connector/wiring harness for the BLIS radar module. I guess the connection for the BLIS is made INSIDE the light enclosure itself???