Milverton Swire's 2014 Roush OFF-ROAD Raptor hits the JDM Dyno!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is always great to meet a Ford Raptor Forum member. Especially one who has followed us through the forum and takes the opportunity to come visit us at the shop! Milverton came from Illinois to visit family on the east coast, so he contacted us ahead of time and set up an appointment for a dyno tune as well as going over everything under the hood. He purchased the truck as a 2nd owner and did not know it had a few other upgrades besides the Roush Supercharger. Under the hood we found already installed a Ford Racing Twin 65mm throttle body and 72mm Supercharger pulley. He had a local Ford dealership install NGK 6510 spark plugs as we recommended them to him prior. All that was left for him to do was get a good custom tune put on the truck! Before the tune we noticed his belt was a size too large and put a shorter Gates belt on it part # K061247. After that we strapped it to the dyno and loaded our custom tune. It ended up making just over 500 RWHP and almost 540 TQ hitting a max of 10 psi!! The truck has stock exhaust besides the Roush mufflers and was running our 91 octane version tune.

He was very happy with the outcome and even called back to mention how much he liked our shifting, throttle response, and all around drive ability improvement!

Thanks again Milverton we hope to see you again!

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the run Jim,
I'd like to see what mine makes after your tune. I can tell you this, it works way better in every aspect, specifically the transmission shifting and driveability.

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever run the stock, closed airbox with a blower on the Dyno? I would like to know the results.
I was told by a Ford engineer that the stock airbox flows enough CFM to support over 600hp, so I would like to know what that does to airflow and possibly your tune etc.
I hate the open filter for dirty/dusty offroad... Im constantly cleaning mine to ensure that I dont suck dirt through the motor, but would rather have a closed box if the truck runs the same.
Zach

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the run Jim,
I'd like to see what mine makes after your tune. I can tell you this, it works way better in every aspect, specifically the transmission shifting and driveability.

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever run the stock, closed airbox with a blower on the Dyno? I would like to know the results.
I was told by a Ford engineer that the stock airbox flows enough CFM to support over 600hp, so I would like to know what that does to airflow and possibly your tune etc.
I hate the open filter for dirty/dusty offroad... Im constantly cleaning mine to ensure that I dont suck dirt through the motor, but would rather have a closed box if the truck runs the same.
Zach

Well the stock air box won't fit with either a Whipple or Roush application but in either sense you would max out the limitations of it. Considering our base kits make 650 HP and some are running up to 750 HP. The stock air box is 80mm inside diamter where as the Roush is 100 and the Whipple is a massive 123mm! So in no way would the stock air box be close to making as much or even capable of supporting as much air flow as the air boxes that come with each respective kit.

There are filter socks that are free flowing and protect the filter and engine from tiny dust particles.

JimIII

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured the stock box would be a pinch point, but was curiuos if you had tested it.

BTW, I love my JDM tune. I had to swap back to the factory Roush tune to veryify an issue, and was so glad to be able to return to the custom tune.
Its so much better than what the truck came with from Roush.

I guess I'll scontinue to keep an eye on my filters until i can build a closed box with enough flow.