mid perch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm curious if everyone is taking off their entire shock to adjust the perch or are y'all leaving everything on?

is it better to do it one way or the other?

also if somebody has the link that shows the perch being adjusted without taking everything off.

thanks in advance

cobradoc

Reaction score
I took mine off. Took about an 1 1/2. But I own a shop and have access to a lift and strut compressor. I didn't like how it had to be done on the truck, I like my fingers.

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off. Took about an 1 1/2. But I own a shop and have access to a lift and strut compressor. I didn't like how it had to be done on the truck, I like my fingers.

cool thanks
my bro in law is a mechanic, so either way he'll do it.
given what u said, i think i'll have him take everything off.

Richie_chi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to mess with it one afternoon even thought I had an appointment at the dealership for them to do it. I left everything on and it only took me about an hour to do both sides. I do have access to air tools and I had a pair of strut compressors. There's a post in here that has instructions and pics on how to do it with them on the truck. I used it as a reference.

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to mess with it one afternoon even thought I had an appointment at the dealership for them to do it. I left everything on and it only took me about an hour to do both sides. I do have access to air tools and I had a pair of strut compressors. There's a post in here that has instructions and pics on how to do it with them on the truck. I used it as a reference.

do you remember which post it was?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
It was a post by KaiserM715
I personally believe you should just remove the shock. It is really so ridiculously easy to remove it and it's a safer method. You can place the coilover on work bench, work at waist level and clean everything as you go.

Trust me, give it a shot removing the coilover, you will be saying damn bird was right, this is easy! after 10 minutes.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
F

fish_scales

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a post by KaiserM715
I personally believe you should just remove the shock. It is really so ridiculously easy to remove it and it's a safer method. You can place the coilover on work bench, work at waist level and clean everything as you go.

Trust me, give it a shot removing the coilover, you will be saying damn bird was right, this is easy! after 10 minutes.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

LOL!

I will go this route since it is safer.

Thanks!