Mechanic is Stumped - Battery Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WellingtonB

WellingtonB

Reaction score
Morning...

Sorry, I was busy driving my easy to start no more dead battery Raptor. It's fixed! Thanks to letsgetthisdone for the tip!

The disturbing part: My mechanic spent 10 hours and eventually advised me to take it elsewhere. The 'elsewhere' mechanic who supposedly has experience and equipment wanted a minimum 5 hours at $185 per hour. I took a chance at $40 and 1/2 hour of my time. I am either the greatest mechanic this planet has ever seen or my mechanics don't bother with forums... Dealers are the same from what I am reading. Unfortunate.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I was busy driving my easy to start no more dead battery Raptor. It's fixed! Thanks to letsgetthisdone for the tip!

The disturbing part: My mechanic spent 10 hours and eventually advised me to take it elsewhere. The 'elsewhere' mechanic who supposedly has experience and equipment wanted a minimum 5 hours at $185 per hour. I took a chance at $40 and 1/2 hour of my time. I am either the greatest mechanic this planet has ever seen or my mechanics don't bother with forums... Dealers are the same from what I am reading. Unfortunate.
I think @FordTechOne should get some of the credit ... knowing where to look and what to look for is the entire battle.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It took me a month to figure this out on my truck. It took finding some random thread about the P not being lit up. My truck also had an unstable idle because of it, so I replace the fuel pump module during this "diagnosis" time frame as well. It's really silly how that little switch does this..