Me Raptor go putt putt boom

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dad had this problem on his f-150. But all stock, a feather was stuck to the maf sensor and killing the truck. The dealer actually took pictures of it to prove it.

All was covered under warranty

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The power core will take on water like a sponge, they swell up when wet also better put a pre-filter on it.
Don't tell Ford that you have been driving through mud puddles at a higher rate then 35 MPH, they don't warranty that.

Last edited:

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run the AFE with no lid and AFE filters and have experienced only a little splatter as well... I've been through some deep shit before.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a K&N system on mine. I'm running it with the rain sock on it at all times. I blast my engine bay every time I wash it up too. No problems yet. Only got 2800 miles on it.

OP
OP
whataboutbob

whataboutbob

Reaction score
I've had my AFE on since I got the truck but, I also had a pre filter on the AFE oiled filter. Never had any water get into the filter, seen the pre filter with some wet spots but never soaked. Didn't have one with the powercore, dont know why I did'nt think of it. Feel very stupid about this and its gonna cost me.

Gonna order a lid for the CAI and go back to my AFE filter I had on there before. Don't know if I'll go back to the powercore again. I only drive on the roads and highway, never taken it off road, never hunt puddles. Besides not having a pre filter on it I can only guess the water started to build up over time and the filter doesn't dry as fast as normal filters. So even with a pre filter and lid I could run into the same problem with it again.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's right they take a long time to dry and swell up holding a lot of water.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Ive dipped my front end in water.... For a few seconds..... My powercore was looking good...... I got a lid though