May Be Joining The Raptor Crowd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Alright, so this forum is incredibly expansive.

Is there a good place to start? I'm using the search function but finding that a lot of threads are old and/or dead.

I'm trying to figure out a good way to setup my OBA (On Board Air) from the Jeep, if I can mount the winch with the stock front bumper, and any HF HAM radio installs.

I've measured the CRF and the bed and determined it fits with the tailgate down, however this would mean I have to remove the Diamondback HD bed cover. Or, I can just keep hauling the dirtbikes on the trailer, which is the current plan. I was rather shocked that I had to raise the drop hitch up a few notches to hitch up to the HF trailer. I guess my Jeep sits a bit higher.

OP
OP
T

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Since everyone loves pictures, here's a shot of my Raptor with some of the other toys in the background. Nevermind my neighbor admiring the truck.

I've since taken the stock rims off (they'll be used for off road only) and put another set of rims that came with it on. I'm not a fan of them (they're 20s) but the wife pushed hard for me to toss them on and not sell them. Given that she is going to give up her Audi for me to have the truck... I figure it's a fair trade.

This thing is loads of fun. I'm working on getting it ready for a trip to Silverlake in MI.

40r0EqY.jpg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since everyone loves pictures, here's a shot of my Raptor with some of the other toys in the background. Nevermind my neighbor admiring the truck.

I've since taken the stock rims off (they'll be used for off road only) and put another set of rims that came with it on. I'm not a fan of them (they're 20s) but the wife pushed hard for me to toss them on and not sell them. Given that she is going to give up her Audi for me to have the truck... I figure it's a fair trade.

This thing is loads of fun. I'm working on getting it ready for a trip to Silverlake in MI.

40r0EqY.jpg

Congrats and see you next weekend at Silver Lake! There's not much you need to do other than air down. If you don't have a radio, that would be a good start since there will be lots of us on the mic.

OP
OP
T

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Congrats and see you next weekend at Silver Lake! There's not much you need to do other than air down. If you don't have a radio, that would be a good start since there will be lots of us on the mic.

Next weekend at Silverlake? You have my attention... My dirtbike is out of service for a couple weeks while I redo the forks and the Jeep is parked until Labor Day plans. I've got an on board air setup that I'm moving over from the Jeep to the Raptor. As far as radios go, I've got a CB I intend to mount in the truck as well as an all band/mode HF/VHF/UHF rig as I'm an extra class HAM.

I've never been to Silverlake (a 5,000 pound brick with a minivan motor isn't really built for that) so I'm for sure wanting to tag along with some folks that know about the truck and the area. Best way to learn!

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10341699_476915732440439_9027046534440959892_n.jpg
Next weekend at Silverlake? You have my attention... My dirtbike is out of service for a couple weeks while I redo the forks and the Jeep is parked until Labor Day plans. I've got an on board air setup that I'm moving over from the Jeep to the Raptor. As far as radios go, I've got a CB I intend to mount in the truck as well as an all band/mode HF/VHF/UHF rig as I'm an extra class HAM.

I've never been to Silverlake (a 5,000 pound brick with a minivan motor isn't really built for that) so I'm for sure wanting to tag along with some folks that know about the truck and the area. Best way to learn!

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your comment. You said "This thing is loads of fun. I'm working on getting it ready for a trip to Silverlake in MI."

There is a big Raptor get together next weekend at Silverlake, so I thought that's what you were referring too. :cheers:

P.S. Silverlake sand dunes is made for Raptors. It's like your own personal roller coaster.

OP
OP
T

TipsEZ

Reaction score
View attachment 127817

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your comment. You said "This thing is loads of fun. I'm working on getting it ready for a trip to Silverlake in MI."

There is a big Raptor get together next weekend at Silverlake, so I thought that's what you were referring too. :cheers:

P.S. Silverlake sand dunes is made for Raptors. It's like your own personal roller coaster.

Looks like I may have to make my way up to this get together. I will do some Google searching later.

OP
OP
T

TipsEZ

Reaction score
Actually. If anyone has informatuon on on Silverlake (what I need, where, etc) please let me know. We are free this upcoming weekend and we would like to go play. I may bring the dirt bike too.