Max volume 30?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbycharles

Reaction score
Hey all...
Let me start by saying I normally do not blast the radio. But when your cruising on the parkway with the windows down, and a GREAT song comes on 30 on the volume isn't enough lol.
Any ideas if this is some factory default?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey all...
Let me start by saying I normally do not blast the radio. But when your cruising on the parkway with the windows down, and a GREAT song comes on 30 on the volume isn't enough lol.
Anything past 15 it starts dropping frequencies 15 to 20 seems about the loudest depending on song on my B&O system . tweaking the eq on my music app on phone does make sound better.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey all...

You don’t have enough power for windows down & 60+ mph with the factory tunes. It takes about 2500-3500 bucks to wire in a good sounding, powerful system depending on whether you do it yourself of have someone install it.
2017 is easier to do piecemeal. ‘18+ uses the B&O systems which is an all or nothing affair. Yes, you can swap speakers first but everything else needs to be done pretty much at once.

Factory sony is 25w rms, and you’ll need about 45-65w rms from the main amp for “windows down / 70mph”

You can overdo it. I’m pushing 75w x 4 +450(?) to the sub. Windows up, volume over 25 is getting loud and on some songs 27 is too much. Remember, hearing loss is not reversible and cumulative.

Plenty of threads on here about selecting components and upgrading the gen2 stereo.

Pinned

Reaction score
The B&O sounds pretty good at mid-teens, but there just isn't enough power for it to go past 30 (or sound good anywhere near that high).

If you don't have B&O it's pretty simple to upgrade to a way better system. If you do have B&O it's a bit more work / cost. If you're into sound and plan to keep the truck long term it's probably worth spending $2-3k or so to get a really solid stereo in there. I've been debating if I want to do the work on mine or just deal with the stock stereo.

Not that it would help at all on the highway with the windows down, but adding sound deadening can definitely increase the listening pleasure with the windows up. Less road noise / wind noise means you don't need as much volume.