March 2011 FRF Raptor of the Month Contest - Clean Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
be careful with claybars. sometimes its best to leave it to a pro

My wifes cousin had his new ride professionally done , looked amazing until you walked up to it and you could notice all the fine scratches on it. It was a charcoal black color. I just not to thrilled on the clay bars.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of clay bar did you use? If you haven't done it before on your truck, you have to kneed the clay very often to keep a clean surface and use a lot of detailer. The more detailer you use, the better it will be. As for the professional job, if he was any good there would not have been any scratches left behind.

I know a guy who owns a detail shop and also has a line of products that very good. He details almost anything. He detailed my Shelby last year and it turned out like a mirror. I can check to see if he wants to become a sponsor here if you like. PM me the details and I can check with him.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What kind of clay bar did you use? If you haven't done it before on your truck, you have to kneed the clay very often to keep a clean surface and use a lot of detailer. The more detailer you use, the better it will be. As for the professional job, if he was any good there would not have been any scratches left behind.

I know a guy who owns a detail shop and also has a line of products that very good. He details almost anything. He detailed my Shelby last year and it turned out like a mirror. I can check to see if he wants to become a sponsor here if you like. PM me the details and I can check with him.

Greg where is he located at I know he went to Shelbyfest last year.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg where is he located at I know he went to Shelbyfest last year.

He's located up close to Chicago. He will be at Shelbyfest this year. He is going to do my truck. It is not cheap but he is good at what he does. If you want to get your truck done, he is starting to detail cars on April 26th at the Ford dealer body shop.

OP
OP
B

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn Swoop! Solid entry. ....its like you've got Birdman's wing caught in a Kimora submission and he's about to tap out!!! :)

Whaddaya think Bird, can your detail skills hang with Swoop's??

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He's located up close to Chicago. He will be at Shelbyfest this year. He is going to do my truck. It is not cheap but he is good at what he does. If you want to get your truck done, he is starting to detail cars on April 26th at the Ford dealer body shop.

When is Shelbyfest this year?

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off, congratulations to Pirate Air and Ironman, our January and February FRF Raptor of the Month contest winners.

Alright Ladies and Germs.... The March 2011 contest is geared towards all of you detailing nuts out there (*cough *cough, BIRDMAN *cough). And for guys like myself who like a dirty Raptor, well this will give us a good excuse to give our paint some TLC.

Show us your best pic of your Raptor fresh and clean in any setting you choose. People should vote on the best photo of a sparkling clean Raptor.

The winner will receive a T-Shirt with BMart's Torkesque design courtesy of FRF. Winner can choose from the available sizes and colors.

Below is a photo I borrowed from our friend trolls56 (thanks trolls) depicting BMart's Torkesque design in all it's glory.

DSCN0134.jpg

Good luck everyone! The submission period begins now and will close the moment the calendar reads March 1st. At that point a 15 day voting window will begin.

Hey no problem Bo on using my pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.