Made some monster 1/4" Aluminum Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Swarfworks

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look stout.
You may want to consider adding a few 2"drain holes near the back by the low spot.

And also, that's got to be the cleanest shop floor I've ever seen in a fab shop or auto shop :waytogo:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I added some drain holes as someone else mentioned as well.

Yeah, our floor... It's really nicely polished concrete. Maybe too nice. Your heart stops for a second if you even drop a bolt or socket.

OP
OP
Swarfworks

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like some pretty big meats on that VW, got any other pics of that thing? I'm a little bit of a VW nut.

That's one of my brother's toys. He's been daily driving it this summer quite a bit. About 70 miles a day.

Attachments

• IMG_7750.jpg
    IMG_7750.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 30

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know where you at. I've been to jays outdoors in the past. Have to get to cops and donuts next. Do you have a retail store there? .

OP
OP
Swarfworks

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know where you at. I've been to jays outdoors in the past. Have to get to cops and donuts next. Do you have a retail store there? .

Haha Yeah two of my weaknesses. Cops and Donuts and guns from Jays!

I don't have any sort of store. This skidplate was just something that I designed and made with stuff at my families company. I wouldn't be opposed to make and sell them if people were interested. PM me if you would be interested in one and would give you a good deal if you stopped by and I'd put it on just to make sure they'll fit other Gen 2's besides mine :)

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Haha Yeah two of my weaknesses. Cops and Donuts and guns from Jays!

I don't have any sort of store. This skidplate was just something that I designed and made with stuff at my families company. I wouldn't be opposed to make and sell them if people were interested. PM me if you would be interested in one and would give you a good deal if you stopped by and I'd put it on just to make sure they'll fit other Gen 2's besides mine :)

I'd be in for a set. Sadly, its a bit too far of a drive for me to be the test mule.