Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustAhRaptor

Reaction score
I have a 2020 raptor with a 4” lift from Fabtech. The truck only has 23k miles on it. And there’s a squeak, sounds like it’s coming from the lower control arms.
I’ve had people look at it around the house, they say it’s my shackles on the back, an actual mechanic says it’s my lower control arms, and some said it was the slip pin.

So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem to their truck squeaking while going over light bumps or uneven terrain. Just looking for some insight

Attachments

• 20201121_064843.jpeg
    20201121_064843.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 23

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You will be vilified for putting a 4in lift on a Raptor … ima guessing

falcon-out.gif

I have a 2020 raptor with a 4” lift from Fabtech. The truck only has 23k miles on it. And there’s a squeak, sounds like it’s coming from the lower control arms.
I’ve had people look at it around the house, they say it’s my shackles on the back, an actual mechanic says it’s my lower control arms, and some said it was the slip pin.

So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem to their truck squeaking while going over light bumps or uneven terrain. Just looking for some insight

Welcome to FRF. Sorry to hear about owning a nurtured Raptor. I would take a look at the sway bar end links.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who installed the lift? The lower control arm to shock bolt torque is 406 lb-ft, and it needs to be tightened at ride height. Without a 4 post lift and a torque multiplier, it’s near impossible to properly torque it.

OP
OP
J

JustAhRaptor

Reaction score
Who installed the lift? The lower control arm to shock bolt torque is 406 lb-ft, and it needs to be tightened at ride height. Without a 4 post lift and a torque multiplier, it’s near impossible to properly torque it.
Winn Customs done the lift, unfortunately he went back to work in the oil field about a year ago. He told me to take it to a front end shop. I did as he said, and these jokers wanted to spay white lithium on everything but their momma. I’m about to the point to have it hauled somewhere because North Louisiana doesn’t have any reputable Front end shops.